Kindle screensaver

ydoaPs

Have you tried lending books? It seems as though some clever people could put together a network and list who has what book. One could schedule time to have a certain book and take turns borrowing books. This could let a community read a library of books with minimal cost.

They're eventually launching a system where you can borrow ebooks from your local library, but I'm not sure how expansive the selection of books or libraries will be.

I'd like to see something like Google Books bring public domain and out-of-print books to ebook readers and computers everywhere. They have something like 3 million available so far, but not in any Kindle-compatible format (only ePub and web-based browsing), and they're still scanning through a bunch of university libraries.

Wandering through our campus library with several million books is more impressive when you realize that in a few years, it'll all be available in a device the size of a Kindle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone, my website is quite relevant to the question in this topic, then I hope you will not accuse me of spamming even though I'm doing self-promotion :)

At http://www.kubizo.com/changing-kindle-screensaver.php you can find an automatic installer that does the job on your Kindle without requiring you to download hacks and fumble with them. On the website you can also find more than 2000 images in the right format (600 x 800, 16 shades of grey) to be used with the Kindle and, coming soon, a screensaver generator to convert your own photos into Kindle screensavers.

Enjoy!

Kubizo