how to generate 26 kHz?

Lapis

I am interested in doing experiments using specific frequencies to destroy mold. According to my research 26 kHz will destroy n Aspergillus.

I would like to test this out. Question is how can I generate 26 kHz? What form of energy should I use? What kind of device should I use?

I was thinking of using radio frequency generating device. However most of those seem to start at 100 kilohertz and up. Maybe electromagnetic energy would be better? How would one go about generating an electromagnetic field that pulses at 26 kHz?

Any input is appreciated

http://iopscience.iop.org/0256-307X/15/2/014;jsessionid=AB6A60375E0A820121FB1BB4601EE076.c1

An ultrasound method of sterilizing aspergillus flavus and fusarium is proposed and demonstrated. The dependence of sterilizing effect on ultrasonic intensity, frequency, and treatment time is experimentally investigated. The density of surviving spores decreases first with increasing ultrasonic frequency and then increases with the further increase of the frequency, that is to say, there exists the optimum frequency 26 kHz at which the killing rate is near 100%. The killing rate seems proportional to the intensity and the time.

If the method is ultrasound, then you don't want an EM source, you want an ultrasound source.

okay fine. do you know how I can generate 26 kHz via ultrasound without spending thousands of dollars?

There are a good many drivers that operate effectively at this frequency. With the addition of a horn you could easily achieve a dB of >120dB @ ~100Watts. If you produce your own amplifier/oscillator circuit you should be able to do this for ~$100 less the cost of tools.

There are a good many drivers that operate effectively at this frequency. With the addition of a horn you could easily achieve a dB of >120dB @ ~100Watts. If you produce your own amplifier/oscillator circuit you should be able to do this for ~$100 less the cost of tools.

thank you

Great suggestions