Fine-Tuned Problem

Note* I'm not a professional, I'm a high school student with an interest in physics.

There seems to have been some debate within the world of modern physics about recent discoveries making it even more unlikely that the universe would be built to support life. They amount of dark matter and energy is balanced perfectly to allow for the universe to support life. There's been many proposed solutions, including there being multiple universes, therefore allowing it to just be a product of probability. However, I'm personally confused about the problem.

If there is absolutely no significance to life, no God, no purpose, then why does it matter?

While the universe may be finely tuned for life, this should hold no more significance than a particular speck of dust being where it is? It's improbable, but all outcomes are one of many possibilities, one of them still has to occur. Since life holds no significance, the fact that the universe has life against all odds is also insignificant.

I am sure that there is a problem with this logic, so can someone explain it to me?

I never quite got that logic, btw, no offense, but the way I see it, wouldn't the fact that we are unique in an otherwise unwelcoming universe - mean that our life is even MORE awe-inspiring?

The reason to search for answers isn't to find our purpose as much as to find answers to our curiosity. Even if we have "a purpose", why search for it? Isn't it the same answer as why would we just search for how to universe works so we can understand it better and expand our knowledge and our existence in it?

~mooey