Diamond structures vs cancer

ghijk

Do you know something about this topic?

Nanotechnologists have created a new structure which can effectively kill cancer cells without doing damage to normal (healthy) human cells. Basically, the structure is made of diamond piece and, inter alia, Y proteins who are competitive to those one who are placed on cancer cells. You know that chemotherapy normally kills healthy cells and organism have to recover them, but this process is usually strenuous. I would like to know more about this and also how those diamonds would be produced?

Thanks

Edited by ghijk

I am pretty sure that carbon cages are meant and not diamonds. I.e. fullerenes or derivatives thereof that have surface modifications that enhance binding and uptake by cancer cells coupled to a drug payload. However, they basically increase the affinity towards cancer cells relative to healthy cells, but it does not mean that they do not affect healthy cells at all.

You may want to google targeted drug delivery for details.

I am pretty sure that carbon cages are meant and not diamonds. I.e. fullerenes or derivatives thereof that have surface modifications that enhance binding and uptake by cancer cells coupled to a drug payload. However, they basically increase the affinity towards cancer cells relative to healthy cells, but it does not mean that they do not affect healthy cells at all.

You may want to google targeted drug delivery for details.

I watched that documentary before a 2-3 months (I don't know was that NG, Discovery or some other channel) and I am pretty sure about diamonds. However, I have googled it and found something about carbon nanotubules, but that's not what I am looking for. Not many people watched it so there is nobody who can discuss.

Those structures with diamond in center are not harmful for healthy tissue. The key is in those proteins.