Webcam with wifi router

wikki

hey guys

I am trying to do a space mission by sending some cameras up. i m doing this project for my school. i m a high school junior.

now lets get down to business. i was wondering is there a wifi router or a normal router than can be connected directly to my logitech c910 webcam to broadcast live video........

i was thinking about using a Mini itx computer with the webcam and gps etc. but i dont know what the power consumption is. i mean can a 10' weather balloon pick up a 14amps motor cycle battery, mini itx computer, 2 cameras and stay on for at least 10 hours. (yea i know the balloon will pop but i have some tricks i'll be doing so u dont have to worry about it).

I was also thinking about my cellphone (HTC HD2) but the video camera is not good, or else the cellphone would be the best and the easiest since my phone can do live video broadcasting, gps coordinates............

talking about the gps........i have heard it will stop transmitting data after 60,000 ft :(

Mains goals i want the computer or cellphone to achieve are:

1. live hd video broadcasting through wifi......(i 'll be adding an amplifier and a wifi router on it (rules dont matter for now)).

2. send me live gps coordinates through SMS/texting every 3 minute until it reaches 60,000ft and pauses and then start when it is falling and and gets to 30-40,000 ft.

3. gives me the temperature and the air pressure....i will be connecting the sensors and try to interface them.laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

this is all i have in my mind for now.

directly, I don't think so ...

but you can connect your WebCamera to your computer .. and utilize a software to use your internet connection

in order to power a live streaming ...

a live streaming needs a good server with a powerful caching, or you will experience some problems !

directly, I don't think so ...

but you can connect your WebCamera to your computer .. and utilize a software to use your internet connection

in order to power a live streaming ...

a live streaming needs a good server with a powerful caching, or you will experience some problems !

the things is i dont really have any traffic on their except me and couple of my friends tracking it. i have tested my pentium 3 with 900mhz that can broadcast 720p hd video with a webcam connected to it. i installed windows server 2003 on it. :)

the things is i dont really have any traffic on their except me and couple of my friends tracking it. i have tested my pentium 3 with 900mhz that can broadcast 720p hd video with a webcam connected to it. i installed windows server 2003 on it. :)

480p is a good quality, sacrifice some quality and your streaming will face less troubles ...