Fundamentals of calculus

Vay

I need a book for the fundamentals of calculus that explains shapes, relativity, and movement etc (e.g. elliptic movements). I don't know where to look because I can find mostly text books that cost a lot, which I don't want to buy. I was hoping to find some old theory books that are re-translated if they existed.

Could you clarify? I'm not sure how shapes, relativity and movement relate to calculus; do you want a mathematics textbook, a physics textbook, or a geometry textbook?

I read that you need calculus to derive the equation for solving for the circumference of an ellipse. I am trying to use shapes as representation of force or orbital paths. I guess it would be much related to physics, but what I need most are the mathematical implications explained from a fundamental level. I don't have a lot of knowledge about categorization in mathematics, so it might not be calculus.

I have been just visualizing most of the time and don't have the necessary mathematics to compliment with.

Edited by Vay

Some calculus books come with emphasis on things like geometric proofs. They usually titles like "Calculus with analytic geometry".

There are tons of them on amazon and I don't know which book is best. So if someone can recommend a good one, it will be greatly appreciated.

I heard great things about this book: I am wondering if it has analytic geometry.

http://www.amazon.com/Calculus-4th-Michael-Spivak/dp/0914098918/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1300050221&sr=1-1

Edited by Vay