SCIENCE FAIR HELP

danis2495

Hello! Im in 9nth grade and my school is very very strict to science faris. They want us to like create things that will help the future or like that, and they don't realize it's very very tough. So what im asking for is a viable theme (not reserch, you have to take action in the process) except for cosmetgic and things like that, because they can give allergies.

Examples our professor gave us was to: invent a new soda, or to cover a super new and cool thing like molecular cooking (we can't use that one, already taken)

Please help me! Im in a hurry and please dont say like pollution or volcanos and stuff.

Sorry for the english, not american

Thank you

Dani.biggrin.gif

Firstly, I'm sure the teachers know how hard it is...thats kinda the point!

Currently, a lot of new ideas that are favoured are based around sustainability and greener energy. Something like that might be a good one. If not, then maybe something about new drugs.

@Horza :Lol, are you seriously asking a 9th grader to invent a new drug?

Anyway I hope I'm not too late..

@Danis: I like Horza's idea on green energy. Maybe you can try making a solar cell (there are sites that will show you how, discuss with your teacher and get adult help!) or make a working model of a hydroelectric dam/ wind turbines. (hint: use a dynamo). Then you can discuss the viability of the greener energy of your project. Be warned ! Green energy may not be as green as you think, they all have cons, some of them may actually be far worse than your conventional coal fired plant. Do a little research. Who knows, maybe one day you'll end up doing this branch of science/engineering laugh.gif.