hi,I am www.scienceforums.net member now,Grate !

Guest VataEnduti

Guest VataEnduti

Hello.

The interesting name of a site - www.scienceforums.net, interesting this here is very good.

I spent 2 hours searching in the network, until find your forum!

This is a known spambot, however it has generated a lot of merry discussion in other forums unrelated to SF, about the spam.

For example, the ability of computers to self-correct spelling mistakes (grate vs great) etc

Edited by Mrs Zeta

What's with all these pointless spam-bots? I thought the goal of spammers was to go around the internet selling useless products to confused people on ill-moderated forums.

If you're going to be a spammer...at least try to sell us some homeopathic remedies or something else mildly entertaining.

what they do is cover a forum with posts, then later go back and insert the links.

however we cleverly avoid this by limiting the time in which posts can be edited(we actually do this for other reasons. namely, people rewrite history if given the opportunity).

we also don't let them have signatures either. another common spam vector.

interestingly, the absence of these features doesn't seem to cause any errors.