SnCl2

deepk`

Depends if you want the dihydrate or not. Anhydrous SnCl2 can be made using dry HCl gas and tin. The dihydrate just used aqueous HCl and tin followed by careful evaporation of residual water to yield your crystals. You can also add acetic anhydride to the dihydrate to make it anhydrous. Presumably if you're needing to make this you don't work in a lab, so firstly, what is this for? Secondly, this synthesis is somewhat dangerous and I would advise you to try and purchase SnCl2 if you can rather than making it yourself.

Have you tried dunking the Sn into the HCl?

yes i put tin metal peices into HCL solution.....but no crytals r found.......the solution become brownish

Depends if you want the dihydrate or not. Anhydrous SnCl2 can be made using dry HCl gas and tin. The dihydrate just used aqueous HCl and tin followed by careful evaporation of residual water to yield your crystals. You can also add acetic anhydride to the dihydrate to make it anhydrous. Presumably if you're needing to make this you don't work in a lab, so firstly, what is this for? Secondly, this synthesis is somewhat dangerous and I would advise you to try and purchase SnCl2 if you can rather than making it yourself.

yes i know its dangerous ....but i will do it safely.....plz tell me the process of making SnCl2 crytals

yes i put tin metal peices into HCL solution.....but no crytals r found.......the solution become brownish

yes i know its dangerous ....but i will do it safely.....plz tell me the process of making SnCl2 crytals

Read my above post again. I did tell you how to do it. What is this for?

If you want crystals then you need to get the product out of solution, preferably slowly to get larger crystals. The ideal way to do this is via slow evaporation. If you don't want large crystals you could boil it, but in either case you probably have some residual HCl which can go into gas phase and which you really don't want to breathe. And if you don't want the hydrated form then you need to desiccate it afterward, which will probably ruin the crystals.