headaches?

what can be done for sever headaches that otc pain revelers don't help very much with?

the NSAIDs i have been tacking are beginning to damage my stomach

(i consistently have stomach pain that only goes away with antacids)

and the headaches remain!

what can i do about this.

what can be done for sever headaches that otc pain revelers don't help very much with?

the NSAIDs i have been tacking are beginning to damage my stomach

(i consistently have stomach pain that only goes away with antacids)

and the headaches remain!

what can i do about this.

If you are not familiar with rebound headaches, you should look into them to make sure the otc pain relievers are not part of the problem.

I have had chronic migraines since I was around 5 years old. The only thing that I have found works consistently is going to sleep. Although this has caused problems with work and school at times, if I don't do this I will start throwing up and ending up being completely useless from the pain. I don't know how bad your headaches get, but if they are like mine all I can do is sleep it off. There are also some medicines that help at times, I'm prescribed to Imitrex nasal spray, but most are not OTC. Some things that people have told me to try to help are exercise, caffeine (as is in most OTC migraine medicines), apple juice, orange juice, stop drinking cokes, and the like. I don't know how these are supposed to help but it is what some doctors have told me to try.

it is not just ordinary analgesics that can be used. Other drugs such as amitriptyline, gabapentin and similar, together with treatments such as relaxation, mediation, TENS, even acupuncture may help. Of course, serious causes of headache (such as brain tumours) should have been excluded by this stage.

• 1 month later...

A Headache is defined as a pain in the head or upper neck. It is one of the most common locations of pain in the body and has many causes.

There are three major categories of headaches:

1. primary headaches,
  2. secondary headaches, and
  3. cranial neuralgias, facial pain, and other headaches