Time In The Barrier: The Blackhole

Xittenn

I have, like many, allowed my mind to fantasize of space travel. I would very much like to find this ever sought after tunnel to everywhere that would allow me to see many things strange and new. I guess the concept of traveling a fold in space as a consequence of the ever dense blackhole is simply due process for the mind that inquires about these things.

I myself am putting my monies on quantum tunneling and travel through the space time fabric as evanescent modes(of all the impossible propositions.) I hadn't thought of this before but are there any theoretical concepts or whatnot governing the tunneling of a blackhole? I have seen a bit mentioned about quantum tunneling effects on virtual particles near the event horizon but nothing on tunneling through a blackhole.

Also would there be some means of channeling the energies presented by a blackhole to induce coupling into the state of evanescent mode over the bandwidth required for useful space travel? This is one I think can be somewhat calculated as the energies required for such an event does seem to be already hypothesized. I guess in this case even if light were to tunnel through this could be deemed useful.

I guess I was just looking at an alternative to being smushed like garbage in a compactor in my reveries!

ty,

BekaD

• 4 weeks later...

I have, like many, allowed my mind to fantasize of space travel. I would very much like to find this ever sought after tunnel to everywhere that would allow me to see many things strange and new. I guess the concept of traveling a fold in space as a consequence of the ever dense blackhole is simply due process for the mind that inquires about these things.

I myself am putting my monies on quantum tunneling and travel through the space time fabric as evanescent modes(of all the impossible propositions.) I hadn't thought of this before but are there any theoretical concepts or whatnot governing the tunneling of a blackhole? I have seen a bit mentioned about quantum tunneling effects on virtual particles near the event horizon but nothing on tunneling through a blackhole.

Also would there be some means of channeling the energies presented by a blackhole to induce coupling into the state of evanescent mode over the bandwidth required for useful space travel? This is one I think can be somewhat calculated as the energies required for such an event does seem to be already hypothesized. I guess in this case even if light were to tunnel through this could be deemed useful.

I guess I was just looking at an alternative to being smushed like garbage in a compactor in my reveries!

ty,

BekaD

The technology required to control the quantum mechanical improbability to allow entire visible pieces of matter to appear anywhere in the universe is very very likely eons away from any technology we have now. Also, the fabric of space is a purely mathematical model. It does not describe why gravity acts the way it does in reality.

Not really .... Cutting the fat, what I'm saying or asking is, what do others feel the consequence of quantum tunneling these mathematical phenomena would be(most specifically a wormhole.) I am already aware of the phenomena themselves!

Sorry about the dreamy stuff ... I get on a kick sometimes and role ....

Evanescent Mode:

"An electromagnetic wave observed in total internal reflection, undersized waveguides, and in periodic dielectric heterostructures. While wave solutions have real wavenumbers k, k for an evanescent mode is purely imaginary. Evanescent modes are characterized by an exponential attenuation and lack of a phase shift. "

- Wolfram

Edited by Xittenn

This is how I would guess super-fast super-long-distance travel could work: Someone will figure out a way to create relatively small black holes. These will be configured into some kind of configuration where they orbit each other or otherwise generate regular gravity waves. If the gravity waves are large enough, I would think a vessel would be able to be carried within one. I don't know how such a vessel could enter and exit such a gravity wave, but maybe it's possible somehow - perhaps it's just a question of accelerating in the right direction at the right moment, and exiting might just be as simple as entering but in the other direction. I don't think making sub-atomic processes work for visible-scale objects sounds very promising. It seems about as likely to me as keeping a body permanently alive by ensuring that each cell continues to replicate eternally. Cells already do that, but the longer they replicate the greater the likelihood of mutations. If cancer can form in an organism's worth of cells in less than 100 years, what kind of problems would be caused by modulating the quantum tunneling of all particles of an organism simultaneously? Of course, people probably said the same thing about using electricity to revive the dead at the time Frankenstein was written and today electrical resuscitation seems to be quite common (judging by medical TV anyway).

This is how I would guess super-fast super-long-distance travel could work: Someone will figure out a way to create relatively small black holes. These will be configured into some kind of configuration where they orbit each other or otherwise generate regular gravity waves. If the gravity waves are large enough, I would think a vessel would be able to be carried within one. I don't know how such a vessel could enter and exit such a gravity wave, but maybe it's possible somehow - perhaps it's just a question of accelerating in the right direction at the right moment, and exiting might just be as simple as entering but in the other direction. I don't think making sub-atomic processes work for visible-scale objects sounds very promising. It seems about as likely to me as keeping a body permanently alive by ensuring that each cell continues to replicate eternally. Cells already do that, but the longer they replicate the greater the likelihood of mutations. If cancer can form in an organism's worth of cells in less than 100 years, what kind of problems would be caused by modulating the quantum tunneling of all particles of an organism simultaneously? Of course, people probably said the same thing about using electricity to revive the dead at the time Frankenstein was written and today electrical resuscitation seems to be quite common (judging by medical TV anyway).

For years physicists have been trying to solve the information loss mystery in black holes. A relatively new theory has been put forth that essentially states there's no information loss because nothing gets past the event horizon and into a black hole. The time it takes for Hawking Radiation to run it's course, is shorter than the time it would take for a particle to fall through the event horizon. That is to say that time is different at the event horizon than it is for all neutral observers. However, it still isn't known whether the event horizon of a black hole can actually be fully developed in finite time. But I guess I would say alas, scifi buffs, it's looking more and more like black holes will never be portals. However, we still might be able to talk about worm holes and The Einstein-Rosen Bridge"... ;)

Even if Wormholes are not physically viable entities and with all Sharapovaphan had mentioned the question of whether or not a Blackhole could be tunneled is still viable .... If tunneling could be accomplished on a macro scale tunneling through a Wormhole wouldn't be necessary! I just thought it was an interesting question whether or not a Wormhole could be tunneled or a Blackhole for that matter and one which no one has addressed as of yet ...

not that I could ...