What is wrong with me

nec209

When I get up in the morning and it is very very bright out side I'm seeing dancing stars/ sparkly dots.I did a google search and was saying if there is bright flashes of light it may be retinal detachment.

No they are not eye floaters they are dancing stars/ sparkly dots it is hard to explain.I'm farsighted in one eye and nearsighted in other eye and can only see it well if it is very very bright.

What can cause this or one eye farsighted in one eye and nearsighted in other eye ?

I also have tinnitus it gets worse at night.

Edited by nec209

You should probably see an ophthalmologist, or post this question where medical experts can help you, like http://www.medhelp.org/ or other online med help websites.

I did find this one article however, it stated: These stars, or spots of light, that you see can occur after a sneeze, a deep cough, a blow to the head or low blood pressure (such as standing up too quickly). (http://vision.about.com/od/sportsvision/f/Seeing_Stars.htm)

I have this too!

it's called "Visual Snow" and no one knows (or either, no one that I know of knows) why it happens...

I went to several eye specilaists, and they all said they are aware of the phenomenon but they don't know the cause for it... one doctor even told me he has it too!

Here's a very comprehensive forum of people in the same situation as you and I.

http://thosewithvisualsnow.yuku.com/

they all have tinnitus too.

some of them think it's because of problems in the Temporomandibular joint, which is related to the jaw. I'm not very familiar with the anatomy of the skull, but I think that a part of the jaw of mammals is connected to the ear, thus maybe if you strain your jaws too much, or if they don't close properly, it might affect the middle ear somehow.

I don't know if it's true or how it affects the eye, anyway... I jsut read a comment in the forum about it.

others think it's because of neuronal problems. though a lot of the forum members did neuronal tests that showed nothing wrong.

others think it's to do with blood flow... maybe tiny blood vessels pushing on your retina? I don't know...

anyway there's no accepted explanation, as far as I know, but I can tell you that it does go away sometimes, even for several weeks or months, and sometimes it comes back.

page1-1004-full.jpg

Is this it?

Edited by Porcupine

Yap that is it..

Not sure why I get that.

it's called "Visual Snow" and no one knows (or either, no one that I know of knows) why it happens...

I went to several eye specilaists, and they all said they are aware of the phenomenon but they don't know the cause for it... one doctor even told me he has it too

Should I be scared? I'm mean getting eye floaters , eye sight changes ,tinnitus that gets worse at night and now visual Snow ? I know they say when people get bad floaters and lots of visual Snow it could be retinal detachment or blood vessel rupture in eye .

I was also reading that people who have diabetes may effect the eye and circulation. I never had any of these problems 5 years ago.

I use to have lots of nice hair now my hair is so thin and lack of hair.What is going on.

nec2009, I have been trying to write several comments to you, all of which I have erased and started over, trying to show you that you most definitely don't have retinal detachment.

I'm positively sure you don't have anything that might compromise your vision, but I'm not a doctor. you should go and see a doctor, in my opinion, if you want to be sure.

about diabetes, I really don't know. I thought so too about myself, but I'm very far from being diabetic.

the internet is a confusing place to go and search for diseases...

retinal detachment usually comes after either vitreous detachment or a really really hard blow to the eye (like the ones boxers get).

here is a video that explains it pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6sMlv1EF24

also, check out the forums I sent you.

you don't have retinal detachment OR vitreous detachment. I'm absolutely sure about this, but only a doctor can tell you.

sorry if I'm not of much more help to you...

nec2009, I have been trying to write several comments to you, all of which I have erased and started over, trying to show you that you most definitely don't have retinal detachment.

I'm positively sure you don't have anything that might compromise your vision, but I'm not a doctor. you should go and see a doctor, in my opinion, if you want to be sure.

about diabetes, I really don't know. I thought so too about myself, but I'm very far from being diabetic.

the internet is a confusing place to go and search for diseases...

I'm just so scared this is happing so fast in past 5 years.All I know is it is fact if there is alot of eye flaoters or bright flashes it is medical emergency has this could be retinal detachment or blood vessel rupture in eye .I know I read enough on medical books...

Only doctor looking at my eye using tools can find out what is wrong.Going by the symptom is not confirmation and hard to do .I could have high blood prussure or high blood sugar pre-diabetic.

The internet is bad place to get information so are medical books do to there are no test to confirm if true or not.Even doctors do not know what is wrong to they do test to confirm has all they know it could be this or that .

But do to I'm not getting bright flashes or the eye flaoters getting worse every day it well probably not retinal detachment or blood vessel rupture but still I should see a dotor has I do not know if this or that or what the problem is.

I eat bad foods and have a sedentary lifestyle so I'm high risk for high blood prussure or high blood sugar pre-diabetic.This why I should see doctor for that alone.

That me tell you a secret I have phobia of doctors and little faith in medicine other than alternative medicine little faith in medicine other than alternative medicine.

I have seen so many people in are family that are sick, read horror stories about ER and people going to doctor, been around so many people that have lost faith in medicine and gone back to alternative medicine .

I have family doctor that just wants get rich.Really I would love to get into alternative medicine .At one time I wanted to have job some thing to so with medicine but I think alternative medicine can do more now.

Edited by nec209

How do you overcome fear doctors.Not only should I see the doctor for my eye problems but my tinnitus too..Well it has also been 20 years for check up from head to toe.Alot can change in 20 years and with bad foods and a sedentary lifestyle does not help.

I think my fear of doctors is moving me to alternative medicine.

Edited by nec209

How do you overcome fear doctors.Not only should I see the doctor for my eye problems but my tinnitus too..Well it has also been 20 years for check up from head to toe.Alot can change in 20 years and with bad foods and a sedentary lifestyle does not help.

I think my fear of doctors is moving me to alternative medicine.

The majority of doctors are competent and well-meaning. Of course, you never hear stories about the doctor who said "oh, it must be an ear infection, so here's some pills" and got it right -- you only hear the small portion of cases, when a doctor got something wrong, or a patient was stuck with a rare doctor who truly doesn't care or is incompetent.

Get down to an ophthalmologist and get an exam done. You don't have to agree to any surgical procedures or treatments you don't want -- you can just get an exam to see if they can find out what's wrong. Work from there. If there's a serious condition that needs to be treated, ask them about the treatment. You're allowed to ask as many questions as you want -- what are the risks, how long will it take, and so on. Don't agree to any procedures unless you understand what will happen and what might go wrong.

There's not much that can go wrong if you just go get an exam. The worst that can happen is a misdiagnosis -- but if you're worried, you can always see a second doctor to be sure.

Remember, though, that most naturopathic doctors have limited rights to perform surgery or prescribe drugs. There's little harm in seeing one, but I'd recommend seeing a regular doctor first. Just get an exam. It can't cause you any harm and you'll find out what you're up against.

I was diging around the net and found this on tinnitus and Hearing loss

====

I noticed my tinnitus getting worse and was concerned.

My tinnitus, or commonly referred to as a ringing or buzzing sound in the ear, I found was a symptom that could be related to almost every known hearing problem.

Tinnitus is a condition and not a disease, and is a result of exposure to loud sounds, middle or ear infections, tumors on the hearing nerve, and even wax on the eardrum.

Getting rid of tinnitus can be difficult if you don't identify the root cause.

Read more http://www.squidoo.com/Tinnitus-Getting-Worse

===

Hearing loss is not normal or common.

According to US government statistics from the 60's (National Center for Health Statistics), only 8% of the entire US population has any difficulty with hearing at all. Furthermore, only 3% of the population had difficulty hearing anything other than faint speech. Thus, having problems hearing is not something that "everyone has". Rather, it is a significant sensory loss.

Severe hearing loss is not nearly as common in young people. Unilateral hearing loss is estimated to have a prevalence ranging between 0.1 and 5% in school aged children (Barsky-Firsker and Sun, 1997; Niskar et al, 1998). In US data between 1988 and 2006, mild or worse unilateral hearing loss (25 db or worse), is reported in 1.8% of adolescents. Mild or worse bilateral loss, in 0.8%. (Shargorodsky et al, 2010).

On the other hand, there is an epidemic of hearing loss in older people. Between 25 and 40% of the population aged 60 and older is hearing impaired. Not only is hearing loss more common in older persons, hearing loss is also increasing with time (Yueh et al, 2003). As the population ages, the population's hearing is certain to worsen.

Read more http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/hearing/hearing.html

====

The majority of doctors are competent and well-meaning. Of course, you never hear stories about the doctor who said "oh, it must be an ear infection, so here's some pills" and got it right -- you only hear the small portion of cases, when a doctor got something wrong, or a patient was stuck with a rare doctor who truly doesn't care or is incompetent.

When are we going have that pill that will make us younger with out out of control medcal costs of seeing doctor and treatment.The way of healthcare has to change.

Since the retina detaches around the edges, patients with retinal detachment or traction along the retinal margins see swirling white lights or flame-like phenomena along the outer edges of the visual field. Also, running or strenuous exercise can intensify this phenomenon.

Your diagnosis sounds more like visual snow, so it is worth getting it checked just for reassurance.

You're not going to get better by waiting for that to happen.

If there will ever be a pill .Well medication works well for chemicals it does very bad for matter like tissue or cells that gets damage.

Has medication does not heal it is are young youth who think that medication can heal/repair tissue ,cells or organs.

Edited by nec209