Recurring Dreams

I have a dream that happens about once a year. It isn't always exact but it's always happening sometime each year. What makes it come back every time and is there some reason behind it?

As mental experiences, dreams are primarily reflective of influences affecting what we may deeply think and feel. The cyclical nature of life experience (fall, winter, spring, summer, etc.) suggests the likelihood that your recurring dream aligns with the cyclical nature of your life experience. Something that occurs annually or periodically in your life is having such an affect as to cause your dream recurrence. Examine the experiences in your life surrounding your recurring dream and you will likely find its source. I hope this helps.

A lot of traumatic dreams can recur frequently. Also, events that have ties to many different memories may recur from time to time. All in all I would have to agree with Ninjakat though, dreams most likely recur because it is a memory. Though the most frequently recurring dreams tend to be the most frightening, most traumatic or most frequently revisited memories.

Edited by Aryth

• 2 months later...