Writing a movie and need help!

randbc

Hi all and thanks for taking the time...

I am writing a movie where the main character's house has just been blow up. He survives but the gardener does not. I need to disfigure the gardener's face and teeth (sorry for being graphic) so that the bad guys will think the gardener is actually our main character for a while. The only available products that are around are pool water, chlorine for the pool, plant fertilizer, a few bottles of vodka and the remnants of burnt house. My question - Can a type of acid be made from uising these ingredients together which can be used on the gardener? Hope that's not too creepy. thanks for the help:)

RC

As a chemical engineer, I would use a shovel or a rake to disfigure a face (not that I would ever want to do that).

My second choice would be to find some smouldering pieces, and build up the fire again, and use that.

I am not sure how effective the chlorine is. The other components seem rather harmless.

• 2 weeks later...

Movie scripts generally ignore any inconvenient science, for supporting examples see virtually any movie ever made; especially ones of the action genera.

For a plausible method, could your main character visit the gardener's dentist and swap some dental X rays?

Teeth tend to come intact through most things that kill people.

Like skeptic said vodka and fire is the best way but you have the opportunity to do something else! Spontaneous human combustion! Pour the alcohol all over his clothed body and light it, he will be nothing but a pile of ashes in 6 to 8 hours. The lower arms and legs will be all that is left and if you cross his hands over his chest not even that. A pile of human ashes should throw off the bad guys for a while.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...