what disorder is it?

Mariya

Hey:

Good day all. I am new to this forum.

I have something that is disturbing me, which is the reason why i am here asking for your help.

there is a girl in my college, she is new around.

but she behaves distressingly.

when she is in class (during lecture) she is all attentive and even gets involved in the questioning and discussion session.

however, when she is free or her class is free she behaves strangely.

well, she is never seen talking to her class fellows (girls)

while she sometimes come to me ( i am her senior) and behaves childishly. like she is some baby girl.

while when i am not around she is there stopping every guy and try befriend of them. but when they talk to her adsurdly or get frank she leaves them and find some one else to talk to.

my first meeting or encounter i say was quite strange.

I had some competition and i was having discussion with some guys from my group and she came to me and stood by my side. (i was told that she behaves strangely so, i got a little confused :-S

she was hold three bottles of a soft drink. i looked at her, she offered me, i refused. then she finished one and then second and while the third (which she offered me) she takes a little sip and then, she moves around me a circle wile pouring that soft drink around me in a circle. then a guy told her that you are doing wrong and she stopped.

I was confused at first. then i moved to another corner and she, followed me. then came to me and asked me, why are you noticing me? please ignore me? I said "you are ignored". she went away. (she was riding my nerves since then, i am much touched)

and then next time...

i was coming down the stairs and she was passing trough the lobby, she looks up at me and stopped and walked, then again stopped and walked and then again stopped and finally walked away. I was then standing next to some friends of mine and she came and stood by my side. she asked my friend. I want that book. they asked, which? she said "that bookk" mmmm "that" you know "that".. it seemed she is collecting her mind... and then spoke "i want you people to help me with the assignment. my friend say, Maria is standing by you, no one can help you better than her. she said no, i don't want her... she is not good with me. I said why girl? she said you said something bad about me. i said i did not. she said i offered you coke and you did not accepted. i said i was not thirsty at all and was not feeling like to have some. she said i don't want you and then went away.

then again i was sitting alone and had some chocolates placed over my books. she came and sit besides me. I said have some? she said NO? i said why? she said "you don't had drink from me, why should i have something from you" i said softly, girl i was not thirsty then. she said you said to your friends that " i am mad" i said who,s that mad who have told you that you are mad? she said am i not mad? i said no, girl, you are beautiful and sweet. you are just like a sis to me. she said what is your age? i said it is 23 and i said what is yours? she said "i am your little sis and I am 21". then she said, i circled you with coke? i said yes, that confused me. she said, i did to let you go mad at me and then fight with me... and then she ran away, smiling.

people, can some one tell me what is wrong with her? i am much depressed over her such condition. she is certainly, not normal.

I'm not a psychologist. Just to say, it sounds like it is not a serious problem. If you get depressed, you might need treatment. haha..

You can try to have open communication to sort out the misunderstanding , or if your school has a teacher or counselor who can advise you or her on how to deal with the problems free of charge.

When I was a recruit in army, I faced adjustment problems, I got through it after a while. A few recruits who went to the medical doctors, got tagged with Adjustment disorder. When someone is not mixing well with their classmates, I think it could be adjustment problem. you can advice her to interact more often with her classsmates. The geeky and unattractive ones faced some problems sometimes.

"but when they talk to her absurdly or get frank" ... If a girl is trying to talk to a guy, but if the guy is making fun of her, I guess it is normal for her to get out of the situation. but when she is not talking to her female classmates, that would be quite strange.. maybe the other female classmates are the bitchy types who spread rumours and such. I think you can encourage her to find some friends among her classmates, male or female ones. or try to know what is the situation right now.

Pouring coke around is trying to get your attention.

"she said you said to your friends that " i am mad" i said who,s that mad who have told you that you are mad? she said am i not mad? i said no, girl, you are beautiful and sweet. " .... "and then she ran away, smiling" ......

Well you said she was beautiful and sweet, so she ran away smiling. nothing unusual. Was she blushed ? She is like an angel, at 21 years of age, maybe a bit naive. or does she has a cute sense of humor? Its a harsh world sometimes, please guide her along. But if she has malicious intent, then you should protect yourself first.  open communication...

The above is just my opinion.

Edited by skyhook