Can nothing be calculated?

needimprovement

There are examples of situations where "zero" is a mathematical prediction of a model — a permanent electric dipole moment of an atom, for example. Measuring that it is zero is what is essentially impossible. All you can do is make the uncertainty as small as possible.

There are examples of situations where "zero" is a mathematical prediction of a model — a permanent electric dipole moment of an atom, for example. Measuring that it is zero is what is essentially impossible. All you can do is make the uncertainty as small as possible.

Of course, that's not unique to zero. No measurement is infinitely precise.

There are massless particles - for example the rest mass of the photon is zero.

However, even if there weren't, I don't see how that nothing can be calculated follows...

Care to explain?

Zero is a mathematical object. and the concept should also be considered in physics. Nothing in our physical world holds no mass and all matter is energy.

and what is the one type of energy that creates action at a distance and en-compasses our atmosphere but is also the least understood while it is in motion?

I ask only because it goes in a circle. It is all cyclical.

number system goes from 0 to ∞ (and 0 to -∞ for negatives)

as far as i know nothing in our physical world holds no mass and all matter is energy (correct me if i am wrong)

now, my question is: can nothing be calculated?

I can calculate plenty of things. For example, I calculate that 1+1=2. But that can't be what you meant. Care to clarify?

Zero is a mathematical object. and the concept should also be considered in physics. Nothing in our physical world holds no mass and all matter is energy.

Mathematical zero corresponds to physical nothing. For example there is no magnetic monopole, the "magnetic charge" of everything is zero.

and what is the one type of energy that creates action at a distance and en-compasses our atmosphere but is also the least understood while it is in motion?

No type of energy creates action at a distance. That would have to be a force.

I don't know what you mean.

Of course, that's not unique to zero. No measurement is infinitely precise.

But zero presents special problems. You can measure zero by mistake quite easily — leave something unplugged. Showing that you actually measured zero carries some extra baggage with it.

Zero is a mathematical object. and the concept should also be considered in physics.

It is considered in physics, like any other number.

Nothing in our physical world holds no mass and all matter is energy.
Things that carry no mass include the photon, gauge bosons and gluons.

Nearly all type of energy create action 'at a distance'.

Do you actually mean anything by this at all?

sorry for unclear question. thank you for the responses...i am beginning to understand...

Look at it this way.

Object A (doesn’t exist) – can be calculated? No

Object B (existing but, for example, not in motion or zero) – can be calculated? I don’t know.

Calculation could be in terms of time and space.

Edited by needimprovement