What time is it?

I am providing the answer. The third super power of 9, is a 'GIGANTIC' number which has remained un-calculated, despite the use of super computers!! (to the best of my knowledge)

What are you talking about? you mean 9^9^9^9?

2 is equal to 3 is also solved in the same way as 2x2 = 5

since 4 -10 = 9 - 15

there fore 2^2 - 2x5 = 3^2 - 3x5

there fore 2^2 - 2x2x5/2 + (5/2)^2 = 3^2 - 2x3x5/2 + (5/2)^2

there fore (2-5/2)^2 = (3-5/2)^2 take sq.root on both sides

there fore 2 -5/2 = 3 -5/2

there fore 2 = 3 QED

If you give a close look, you'll understand the 'Modus-Operandi' behind this calculation.

Lying/making a mistake in one of the steps, yes. I didn't even need to look at the problem to understand that. In this case it is using the wrong root of the equation. The other steps are just to hide the lie.

Here, watch:

1=1

1^2=1^2

1=-1

OMG I PROVE 1=-1 !!!!!

if that is what he means then it would be trivial to calculate it. you could do it on a home computer if you can be bothered waiting a while. a long while. and had a decent harddrive. but it could be done.

i'm going to guess several days. its less complicated than the calculation of pi to stupid precisions (5 trillion decimal places) and that was done on a home computer (80 days of computer time)

It is shortly before 9:15 and not after, since the hour-hand has shot past the mark of '9' so equidistant minute-hand will be before the mark of '3'.

Say, the answer is "9 hours X minutes". According to proposition, the angle between the minute hand and "mark 3" of the watch is equal to the angle between the hour hand and "mark 9" of the watch.

We know in 60 minutes the minute-hand rotates 360 degrees. Therefore the minute hand travels @ 6 degrees per minute(360/60=6), and the hour hand rotates 360/12=30 degrees in 60 minutes, and hence travels @ 1/2 degree per minute (30/60=1/2).

Therefore, (15-X) minutes corresponds to 6(15-X) degrees (this is the angle between the minute hand and "mark 3").

And in X minutes the hour hand makes X/2 degrees with "mark 9".

Therefore X/2=6(15-X)

Therefore X=180/13 mnts

Therefore X=13 minutes 50 and 10/13 seconds.

So, the answer is: 9 hour, 13 minutes, 50 and10/13 second.

In the same way other positions can be worked out.

I am talking about third super power of 9, which has remained uncalculated thus far (to the best of my knowledge). I will be enlightened, if you have calculated this.

Lying/making a mistake in one of the steps, yes. I didn't even need to look at the problem to understand that. In this case it is using the wrong root of the equation. The other steps are just to hide the lie.

You are brilliant to catch the mistake, Mr Skeptic. I have given this poser often to people good in maths, students as well teachers, but I can count on my fingers the few who were able to catch the fundamental mistake. Any poser looks easy, when the answer is thrown in.

For example, going back to "What time is it", so far there is no reply other than the obvious 12 hrs which any child would give. Now after looking at the calculation you may say "Oh that was simple"!

Edited by needimprovement

can you tell us what a 'superpower' is in mathematics? i haven't heard of the term and an obligatory google search doesn't return any results featuring an operation, just some cheesy sites for kids about mathematical based superheroes.

if you do just mean a power tower then, no i can't currently calculate it due to insufficient harddrive space to store the fully expanded number.

• 11 months later...