Where does windows store the wallpaper settings?

TheBigDino

Does anybody know where windows stores wallpaper settings, i've tried looking in the registry and changing every single likely settings but the wallpaper just doesn't change. I've tried restarting as well and that didn't make it work either. Please Help

PS.If anyone knows how to change the wallpaper in vb that would be a great help too,thanks

In Windows XP, the directory where wallpaper is stored is C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper. Alternatively, you could put the file you want as wallpaper in your "My Pictures" folder, then right click on your desktop, click on Properties, go to the Desktop tab, and select the wallpaper you want.

if you ever need to find a file, assuming this is windows XP go: start>search, and if not XP then just use the search of find command in the start menu.... then just select scan everything, as it could be anywehere, insert the file name, the search results will tell you where the file is located