I wanna learn everything!!!

Encrypted

ah, that depends... on who you are and what you wanna do!

im not a big expert on languages, if you want to do websites, HTML, websites with cool effects and advance stuff, basic HTML and javascript.

for cool advanced animations, get flash MX and learn actionscript

for programming an actual program you want java

but to be honest, so long as you arent a programmer, you really dont need to know languages, i know coz i learnt at school and its a cool thing for a teenager to show off to friends about, but its not really needed!

Hmm...OK!

Next question:

Since you have Halo PC. Do you know of anyone who has REALLY HACKED and kicked someone out of a game? And how would someone do that to another person anyways? My research on google about it still has no answers to my dilemma.

Encrypted

well im not sure of your exact problem, the chances are you annoyed a host of a major hosting site, who kicked you off their server, now you cant play on this server... two ways to get around this, use a different computer! if he is just recognising your name, change your name, i assume its the profile name or somewhere like that.

what exactly is your problem? in detail!?

What sites like http://www.try2hack.nl offer is reffered to as "War games". Sites like that are not uncommon on the internet. They are created primarly for people who would like to learn more about how server/homepage security works as well as put their knowledge to a test with out having to go trough a "long" and "costly" process of setting up their own playgrounds. A good part of what I know in that area is because of sites like that. It's true that this kind of sites is also used by individuals who intend to use that knowledge in ways that most of us do not approve of, but I can assure you that they constitute only a small fraction of all the visitors.

On a side note, pretty much all attacks against home users as well as poorly maintained servers are performed by individuals reffered to as "script kiddies" by the security community. It is a very negative word which basicly means: Someone unwilling to learn even the basics of how computers/networks/OS's work(in other words all they know is the GUI part of an OS, but even here their knowledge is limited), instead using software like BackOriffice or Brutus to vent of their frustration over something and/or to show off to their peers.

If you have any questions I will be willing to answer them, or at least point you in the right direction. :)

any questions anyone?

encrypted?

if your new to this forum or thread, read through the last two pages and ask a question, me and now obduro will try and answer to our best abilities, which between us should be quite high abilities!! :D

fire away...

you seem to know a lot about networks and internet, which is kinda where my knowledge lacks, self teaching myself basically everything i know [you dont do anything useful in school, only excel and word!] i can only do what i've done before, i can set up a network, hack a network [school], use the internet, i dont know advance stuff about, well, i dunno, advance stuff. i could set up a VPN, but there's some stuff i dunno much about, like remote access and hacking [but thats in another thread, so dont mix it!]

ask away people....

Don't worry 5614, pretty much all I know is self learned too, and I have to agree with you about schools and what little (if anything) you can learn about computers if you had enough exposure to it before. Imagin this, I'm 18 and when I started at the business school last year the first chapter in our IT books was about how to turn on the computer. Following that the book was filled with chapters on how to use the different software you get in a Microsoft Office pack. I'm not saying that they shouldn't teach that stuff because there are many people who know nothing about computers, and couldn't care less. But I think that you should have the option to opt-out of those classes if you already know the stuff and can prove it, because for me it was a torture to sit there 60 minutes and explore schools network, for 10th time...I even made a few homepages in those classes simply to kill the time.

school teach primitive stuff because of some, they do not allow others to excel in their strong points [iT] its a shame and sadly not much will be done by posting it on this sight, although maybe if someone reads this and becomes prime minister [im in the UK] then they will do something about it.

now in ICT GCSE, we're learning how to use Access, we get to use the wizard to create forms, queries, tables and obviously databases.

i used this program once before to create a databse of friends with their email adresses and phone numbers, it was a simple program. the only thing i didnt do was create a query, although looking through the booklet the teach had, you run a wizard, use basic computing skills and thats it.

*sigh* school systems, what can you do?

Sorry I havent posted in here for a while....

I have school now so im real busy.

I'll tell you exactly what happened on that fateful day while I was playing Halo:

As usual, I was enjoying myself, playing around blowing stuff up....but then this one guy joined and he was on the opposite team. Anyways, he really sucked and i killed him 59 times in a banshee and scorpion tank, then he said he was getting really pissed and would kick the entire blue team off the game(I was on blue). AND THE SURPRISING THING WAS THAT HE ACTUALLY COULD DO IT!!!!! He was true to his word and kicked us all off, and we couldn't join back in as you probably already know since you play Halo PC too. So this is exactly what happened. AND THE GAME WAS BEING RUN BY ONE OF MY FRIENDS, SO I KNOW HE WAS NOT KICKING US OFF FOR SURE! My friend didnt know how to kick

people out of the game so he was not able to kick the guy off(My friend was on Red Team). So this is what happened and my friend and I tried to find out how he did it but till now he and I are both utterly unsuccessful.

And obduro, i will certainly ask for your help when i need!

Thanks a lot, y'all!

Don't forget to try and crack my newest encrypted code!

Encrypted

well to me that sounds like an illegal mod or plug-in, maybe home built.

basically your friend who hosted the game, should have been able to ban people, as the game server admin.... this person must have somehow "used" this ability and harnessed its power in some way.... there are some game mods for halo around and this must be one of some sort, maybe he programmed it himself, or maybe he downloaded it from a site, dodgy, not meant to be, not an official mod, probably not legal.

basically all buttons are codes.... if you click a button in a game you are executing a code.

sometimes the buttons are not accessable by some people and accessable by others, so admins have more buttons so can execute more codes.

however because these codes exist, people can build their own programs which execute these codes, in this way, a person could make a program with the ability to execute the 'kick' command even though they are not the admin of the game.

soz man, i really dont see whats to be confused about:

you know that all programs are consisted of programing, which is in a language, often refferred to as 'coding'

a button runs part of the program, so the lanch button runs the 'open game.exe' file command, and the kick person off my server button runs a rather more complex command to stop a computer with the indicated IP address [which is like a house number for a computer] and stops that person from joining the server.

the difference between an admin and a player is that only the admin can access the button, but that doesnt mean that the command doesnt exist in the players version of halo... everyone can host a game, therefore everyone can use that command, all copies of halo are the same.....

what this guy could have done is somehow activated the complex 'kick off my server' command, obviously he would not have had the button, so he could have made some kinda program [a plug-in] which would activate the 'block person' script, code, part of the programming, wtvr you wanna call it :)

Those commands are controlled server-side; unless he got around the authentication, he wouldn't have been able to execute the command - sure, he could send it down the line, but the server would disregard it because he wasn't properly authenticated. Most likely it's some kind of exploit or whatever.

well yes and no a well made homemade program of this sort can normally bypass basic server authentication methods as used by game servers.... wtvr, there are multiple possibilities, its hard to say, the fact is that it is unofficial, possibly illegal and home made, maybe not by the guy who did this to you, but a friend or maybe a randomer who uploaded it to a website.

well yes and no a well made homemade program of this sort can normally bypass basic server authentication methods as used by game servers...

Because the game servers are quite simple, this often isn't true. More often than not, people don't bother to change the default passwords on the servers and/or are easily guessable.

yeah thats right.

i read just today that [i think it was] about 35,000 computers are hacked into world wide everyday.

whilsts this may sound huge, remember that there are millions of compuers world wide, this represents a minor amount of them.

also, some hackers just try to access your system to prove they can or to show off. a friend of a friend did that once, hacked into someone's system, went to word, told them to a get a firewall and that was it... no real damage.

why this happens: most people just dont have a security, they dont have a firewall [which blocks unrequested, unneeded or just dodgy connections and a few other things, i wont do a whole 'how firewalls work thing now] also they lack anti-viruses which can bloack trojans from accessing your system.

trojans 'open' your computer to others so that a hacker can 'attack' you.

my i add that unless you update your anit-virus and firewall reguarly [a few times a wekk] it is effectively useless [against new and therefore the most popular and common viruses and attacking techniques]

also updating your operating system is needed to prevent know 'backdoors' and 'loopholes' in your operating system to be exploited.

also, easy and obvious passwords are used. people use 'password' 'letmein' or something like that, which is a rubbish password. what you want is a password which others cant guess. also dont reffer back to old passwords or store them on your computer!

whilsts this is all simple stuff, and mainly obvious, suprisingly it is the main reason for so many succesful hack-ins in recent times.

trojans 'open' your computer to others so that a hacker can 'attack' you.

That's not really true. Trojans disguise themselves as other programs and may provide some functionality to let the user think they've got a legitimate program when really it's something else in disguise. They also don't replicate like viruses do.

Check here for more information.