Brian Cox to get OBE

ajb

Brian Cox is will be made an Officer of the British Empire (OBE) by Queen Elizabeth II. It will be for his services to science.

Brian Cox is a professor at the University of Manchester and is now well-known for his TV and radio programmes about science.

Also, Athene Donald will become a Dame Commander of the British Empire (DBE) and Jerry Cowhig, will be made Member of the British Empire (MBE).

The IOP new report can be found here.

I don't know about Athene Donald and Jerry Cowhig, but I think if Professor Cox can continue to convey a contagious enthusiasm for science to the general public, he deserves his OBE. I found his programmes to be fascinating and driven by his enthusiasm. The kids I teach loved his programmes, and the girls, in particular, found him to be great 'eye candy.' (He is a pop star turned scientist).

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bbc+series+brian+cox&hl=en&prmd=v&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=_I4cTNKlNsK64Qbx_PjtDQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CEUQqwQwCg

• 2 weeks later...

Let me quote Cox,

It has got to the stage where I can't go shopping without getting recognised

quoted in the Sun (A disclaimer here I do not read the Sun, I got the quote via the Physicsworld magazine!)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.