Rescaling Linked Images

@Spyman: perhaps you can edit those pics smaller and only enlarged when clicked, or a mod do it. Then your post is also easier to read.

Sorry, I don't know how to do that, the images are on Wikipedia and I only post the link to them.

If a mod can do it and/or someone explain how I could make them smaller when linking to them I would be grateful.

Is it possible to somehow rescale images while linking to them without uploading or editing the images themself?

Would be great with such an option since a lot of pictures are to big to fit well into the forum posts.

I think when we convert to IPB this may be done automatically. Also, when you're using an image from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Accretion_disk.jpg

You don't have to click the image, get the full-size version, and then link that. Right-click on the small preview image and copy its location, and use that. You'll get this:

750px-Accretion_disk.jpg

instead of a monster image.

Also, when you're using an image from Wikipedia:

You don't have to click the image, get the full-size version, and then link that. Right-click on the small preview image and copy its location, and use that.

Well, I have Windows 2000 so that is easier said than done, and even if I take the long route by rightclicking on the picture, selecting properties and then copy and paste the adress found there, it doesn't seem to work for all pictures, for instance like the first one.

File:BH_LMC.png

If you can make it work, I would be grateful if you could fix the images in the thread I quoted from.

(I am no longer able to edit such old post anyway due to the time limit.)

Fixed.

Thank You very much for your help! :)

How did you find the link for the first picture? I must be missing something since I have tried with two computers now, the other one with Windows XP Professional without success. Was it with a simple "right-click" and with which operating system?