Definitions, Concepts and Laws.

AtomicMX

Since some experiences i've been having here, things that i've read, things that i see in my community, is a must to post this as a suggestion for the young scientist (those teenagers).

First, i've been seeing that many of them post by posting, we have a very populated young audience here; There are rules i was reading one rule that many people skip. such as " to see if there is already a thread about it, people you got to get serious.

Well, the idea of this thread is to make a reflexion on what do we follow to understand.

Which are the correct definitions.

Because many people, does not follow the definitions of the things they are speaking.

Law methodic description of something.

Definition is an structured description of something.

Concept is the general idea of something.

Rumor is a common known idea of something.

Law is science valid.

Definition may be science valid.

Concept is literaly (semantic) valid.

Rumor is people valid.

why?

Law is an abstract way to see the nature (or the things that exist).

With a mathematical balance. (explanation).

Definition is a description of something to make it an object. something different from others, an almost perfect entity. when it arrives to objectivity its science valid.

Concept is just an idea (description of an idea) such as dragon, god... literaly (semantic) valid.

Rumor a popular explanation of something, again such as god, dragon, alchemy...

We should be concerned about Definitions, concepts and laws, not rumors.

we should also be responsable of what we say, not just, i heard this from there... or reading internet texts with some stuff like " there is cold fusion" and belive it at once without searching a mathematical (or schematical) explanation.

In the school we were (are ; going to be) bugged by "Homework: concept of chemistry, etc..." and we brought the definition and start mixing as if they two were sinonimous.

If we are asked for a concept is the dictionary general idea. but the definition is an structured explanation and very well conformed.

The main idea of this thread is to make you all (even i am) reflex about the use of these things.

For the case of this forum (scienceforums.net) would be much useful if we attend to understand the following, (as my personal suggestion).

"Do not use rumors"

"Concepts may be used to propose an idea"

"Definitions must be used to make an attack or sustain the idea"

"Law is the channel where the |perfectly| concrete things (math exp. and schemes) reside and are the ones that already are and the ones we got to follow"

Thank you.

Every comment is welcome.

(even if it is not do it ;) )

Guest justine

:) do you realy think its only the teenager that fall into this trap becaus from the start of your little lecture thats what it made me think im 14 i would dred to think that one of my esays were going to be regected becaus of this and yes i have been put right on a few ocations but dont people have to make the mastake to be put right on it dot you learn from your mastakes

:)