Time and the photon graph

usernamehere

Hi sorry about that, don't know how it went to a sales site. anyway here is the link i had meant to post, its to a document on google docs. it pertains to time travel and our conceptions of how it must be achieved and how it actually can be achieved.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B1VRTIzMrgSsNTgxYTFmODMtYThhYy00ZGY0LWE4NzYtMWQwYTk2MmMxOTAx&hl=en

Edited by usernamehere

That link took me to what appears to be a document about photography, though it is titled "TIME." if that is indeed the subject, perhaps you could summarize it and explain its relevance to this thread.

I had a brief glance . I agree that 2d is just a subset of 3d spacetime . I'm not sure I understand the point of the document though . It seems to break down the fact that you wouldn't need an infinate amount of compute power to compute every possible random image (Or something like that . I have no idea) .

...it is possible to calculate every possible combination of that set size. We have defined a photograph as a two dimensional representation of light within an area of space and that the photograph is a representation of light at a particular

time. Adding all of these facts together it should not be that difficult to arrive at the realisation we can traverse time visually.

WTF!!!!!! I have no idea what that means!!

Emulating the big bang on a supercomputer would be the only theoretical approach to virtual timetravel I can conceive (And unless you could get every virtual? wavefunction to break in exactly the right way , who knows what type of virtual universe you'ld have computed . Not to mention the fact that you'ld need a computer as big or bigger than the known universe .

I recommend a short story by Isaac Asimov called 'The last question' to anyone interested in a computable universe .

One paradox of such an idea is that running a simulation of the universe in the universe would create a feedback loop when you get to the point in the universe where you create the universe in the universe . The needed compute power would jump in magnitude and causes a crash/overload . If we are indeed already in a virtual world , more virtualization may make our own world crash .

Edited by HardonColluder