But why???

forufes

"Jamal Al-Khudari, head of Gaza's Popular Committee Against the Siege, said the threat against the convoy embodies "state terrorism" against peaceful individuals. "

Whilst I don't agree with Israel's stance on this at all, this statement is a bit sensationalist. In Israel's eyes they are enforcing a blockade, and the peaceful individuals are the terrorists.

Why can't we all just get along?

forufes; Out of curiosity, do you think Israel is stopping AID, or just maybe military weapons??? I feel sure if Israel received the aid, they would somehow forward on to Gaza even though it would be supporting a sworn enemy, for the most part. My two cents.....

forufes; Out of curiosity, do you think Israel is stopping AID, or just maybe military weapons??? I feel sure if Israel received the aid, they would somehow forward on to Gaza even though it would be supporting a sworn enemy, for the most part. My two cents.....

weapons????:confused:

ohh i know what you mean(had to research it)

Why is chocolate a security risk?

Gisha compelled Israel’s ministry of defense to reveal information about how it formally manages the blockade for the first time. After nearly three years of secrecy, government attorneys conceded the existence of an official defense ministry list of items approved for transfer into the enclave, as well as a “Red Lines” document that establishes minimum nutritional requirements for Gaza’s 1.5 million people.

Gisha had requested the government reveal on what basis it approves or rejects goods destined for the Gaza Strip, after items like chocolate, notebooks and jam were consistently barred without explanation.

Aid groups and local businessmen say there appears to be a whole-scale ban on construction materials, which Israel says armed Palestinian groups could use to build weapons, but the import of shoes and hairbrushes were approved only earlier this year. Coriander, ginger, and livestock remain off-limits, Gisha says.

source

sorry, ak-47s and rocket launchers and explosive belts came to mind..

forufesi; Without going into something, none of us probably truly understand the reasons for, an embargo/blockade can serve many purposes. Obviously, the Israelites are concerned with weapon getting into Gaza and their not particularly happy about feeding and clothing those that will try pursue acts of terrorism on their people (Islamist militants), but they would like to influence deterioration of the ruling party, Hamas (Will not recognize Israel). Frankly, I don't see the difference, but...

I still feel, if the relief/aid shipments were unloaded at an Israel Port and the goods then transported into Gaza, limitations would be less restrictive. As for somehow hiding destructive materials, it's really not that hard.

Here is another article, breaking today that may emphasize the problems Israel has in controlling imports of weapons, into GAZA.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LDE64P139.htm