infinity?

Guest DrBelfrey

wtf?

and how can a "number" be the same as an "operation" (last paragraph)

Well, I meant to say that dividing by 1/0 isn't the same as 0/1 or 0, since the definition of a reciprocal is that when the number is multiplied by its reciprocal the product is 1, but 1/0 times 0/1 is 0/0. This doesn't necessarily mean that there is a paradox with 1/0 beside the fact that it's undefined, but that the method of finding a reciprocal of a number, or flipping the denominator with the numerator is just the easy way for the mathematical way or: x*1/x=1;1/x=1/x, but for 1/0*x=1, x=1/1/0, and x is not 0, since

if it were then 1/1/0 is 0 and that means that the reciprocal of 1/0 is 0/1, which equals 0/2, meaning that 1/0=2/0=x/0; x=/ 0.

It also means that 1/0 is infinity.

Yeah, and there's been some revision, I no longer hold that x/0 is infinity, just undefined.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to state that the concept of Infinity does not actually exist' date=' it is merely a device fabricated by the mind's inability to grasp the size of the universe. Everything is finite even Pi and the Universe. We havent found the end yet because our computers are made to think in terms of infinity. Time is a similar device, simply another device made by man to aid in the understanding of the 4 dimensions respectively....

[i']Furthermore[/i] , the human race is one of pompous beings, how could anyone of us have the gall to truly believe that we are infact at the top of the genetic roster?! Please respond with any words that you would like, we are having trouble..

If the universe is a sphere, and it's growing larger every second, then there may be an infinity. However, if there's enough mass/gravity in the universe, it may collapse into a huge black hole, meaning that there is no infinity. Just a singularity waiting for the next big bang, then we start from zero and head for infinity again

Or, maybe infinity is the opposite of half life. It never gets to zero

Furthermore[/i'] , the human race is one of pompous beings, how could anyone of us have the gall to truly believe that we are infact at the top of the genetic roster?! Please respond with any words that you would like, we are having trouble..

I don't think we're at the top of the genetic roster. I can visualize that the universe is a molecule, The galaxies are the electrons, the stars are the atoms and the planets are the quarks. We're in a laboratory of a higher order of beings (much larger than us) the scientists are working on a bomb of which we'll be a part of......sentence ending with a preposition (not allowed)

Actually an electron is smaller than an atom in which case the galaxies would be the atoms, and the stars would be the electrons.

I thought the planets would be the electrons though, and I certainly hope this was an analogy, as though barely even qualifying as one, since anything can be called anything in this sense of definitions. As for the universe being called a molecule, I think the genetic roster includes beings that have DNA or RNA, or both.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest delerious121

I d like to reiterate what pulkit said about mathematics bieng man made abstraction

Mathematics is undoubtedly man made, however it represents Godly things

Ok let me try and explain my point

What does the word TWO (or any other number for that matter) mean. Shall it mean anything even if there isn’t any quantity to be represented? Even where there is no sense of quantity associated with the Godly things. It makes sense when we say two apples

Or any other two godly thing

I think Mathematics is an abstraction made by man to represent the state of the surroundings of man and state of the universe at large

Addition, subtraction, differentials calculus or any other mathematical tool for that mater are devised by man to precisely calculate or predict the state of universe after an anticipated change in the state of universe