Out of Body Experience

DreamLord

I don't know, but I think I've had an out of body experience. At least that's what it seemed like, and it's happened more than once. I can lie down and I sort of go into a paralysis or something. It's almost like I'm asleep, only I can see everything around me. And if I concentrate it seems as though I can leave my body. I see myself and everything around me, and I can go into the sky and things like that. I know this is going to be met with a lot of sceptiscism, but that's what it seemed like. Odds are there is a scientific explanation to all this, but it is fun to think that we can leave our bodies and fly about to wherever we like.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

it is possible that you are a one-in-a-trillion, that your soul can leave your body, but maybe thats a bit extreme.

most likely was that it was all a dream. dreams all appear extremely real, they are real [just in your head] but you dont think them of realistic like, as you forget them very quickly, and one of the first things to forget is detail, so when you wake, you dont remember highly detailed images, maybe just the storyline of your dream.

it is possible that you remembered one dream, unlike normal, just a one off chance. and you thought this was all amazing, and made this thread.

the chances are it was just a dream that you remembered well for one reason or another! :)

most likely was that it was all a dream. dreams all appear extremely real, they are real [just in your head] but you dont think them of realistic like, as you forget them very quickly

There was this interesting question discussed in my philosophy class : How do you tell you are/aren't in a dream ?

Strangely enough there is no satisfactory answer for it that we could find.

There was this interesting question discussed in my philosophy class : How do you tell you are/aren't in a dream ?

Strangely enough there is no satisfactory answer for it that we could find.

Putting aside the interesting philosophical questions that brings up, there is a good method to know whether you are dreaming or not. Try reading something in a dream; it doesn't work. You mind can create almost any visual image but it doesn't create written words very well. So if you are ever wondering whether you are in a dream just pick up a book.