Slip in Physics?

Guest Alana_Valand

Guest Alana_Valand

What kind of slip in physics could allow someone to breath under water? Could this be possible for a second? Please be open minded because believe it or not this happened to a freind of mine.

Haha or if you want to go WAAAY out there, all of the water in front of you was "teleported" (I guess you could call it that...) somewhere else for a few seconds. But the chances of that happening is pretty much zero. It'd take longer than the age of entire universe for you to have a tiny tiny tiny tiny chance of that happening.

That is fairily imposibile! People cannot breathe the dissolved oxygen in water because our lungs do not have the necessary kind of filter. If water gets into the lungs water will block alveoli from diffusing the oxygen in the blood stream.

That's not quite true, newborns can breath in water. They extract the oxygen from the water though the lung. I have no clear idea what causes that function to cease, but I guess it's possible for an older child to keep the same ability. Genetic mutation and so on. It wouldn't be good for the lung though, and probably leave long term damage.

That's not quite true, newborns can breath in water. They extract the oxygen from the water though the lung. I have no clear idea what causes that function to cease, but I guess it's possible for an older child to keep the same ability. Genetic mutation and so on. It wouldn't be good for the lung though, and probably leave long term damage.

I hear what you're saying there. And while possible, that'll have to be a very rare mutation indeed, to possess such a trait other than the 1st few seconds or minutes of life. An ancient remnant trait or ability, passed on to us by one of the CA's, I suppose.

I suppose it's the same or similar thing as neonates don't start breathing on their own 'till their umbilical cord is severed.

Guest Alana_Valand

This guy is "different" I guess you could say and this:

An ancient remnant trait or ability, passed on to us by one of the CA's, I suppose.

is almost true in his case.His Father is passing his advanced abillities onto him and his brother.This only happened once, though he has had Many other experiences with his abillities (wich I wont get into)

Where did it happen? Because if it was in a lake or something similar, your answer might be a natural gas leak.

No he lives in California and it was in a swimming pool.

fuhrerkeebs Haha or if you want to go WAAAY out there, all of the water in front of you was "teleported" (I guess you could call it that...) somewhere else for a few seconds. But the chances of that happening is pretty much zero. It'd take longer than the age of entire universe for you to have a tiny tiny tiny tiny chance of that happening.

I dont really think thats what happened :confused: the water in front of him didn't disappear and he didn't feel air and he wasn't in a bubble he just accidently breathed in water like it was oxygen.

That's not quite true, newborns can breath in water. They extract the oxygen from the water though the lung. I have no clear idea what causes that function to cease, but I guess it's possible for an older child to keep the same ability.

That is what happened to him I think, so maybe we never really lose it, we just forget how to use it, and obviously after birth there is no need to use it again so now we have forgotten and its supressed and almost useless.That may sound crazy but its a theory.I mean how can your lungs change and not be able to do that just after birth?