A thought on the search for other Earths

Chromed1

Lightening on Earth produces a very specific RF. Would that RF be influence by the medium in which it was produced? I know the color of the light is... and just another EM frequency. As i understand it the RF signal strength is strong... compared engineered transmitters. Could we not "listen" for those transmission and decipher some of the atmospheric information transmitted?

I know on the cosmic scale its a week signal... but it's a shot in the great vast dark.

RF detectors even on earth pick up a lot of noise. Listening to radio frequencies of celestial objects seems impossible, to try and turn them to tiny, possibly infrequent meteorological events (compared to the scale of planets and the space between).

And even if you could do this, you have to assume that the radio frequency of a lightning strike has anything to do with the geophysical and chemical composition of the planet. Another very dubious claim.

Listening to radio frequencies of celestial objects seems impossible...

This is not the case.

You can use radio astronomy to observe the Sun, Jupiter, meteors as well as bouncing radio waves of the Moon.

Interesting thread.

I read a news article the other week that said NASA had inadvertently discovered a way of measuring organic particles from a distance of hundreds and thousands of lightyears away. I haven't heard anything new on it, but surely this is the perfect way? I'll post a link to the article if I can find it