Child Psychology

DextersDD

Hi everyone, I need help understanding what this question is asking:

How is access to medical care important from an ecological perspective of childhood psychopathology?

I could answer "how is access to medical care important" but then I get lost when I see the rest. I have no idea what the ecological perspective of childhood psychopathology even is. I don't know what the ecological perspective is but I'm guessing it has to do with one's environment. I believe that psychopathology has to do with mental and behavioral disorders but when I put it all together, it still confuses me. Can someone please explain it to me? Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Maybe this involves care ethic from society. A child will feel abandoned in society unless care is presented to him/her by the society. As such, a child without health care will endure suffering. That suffering could be seen as child neglect from society. Or perhaps it's trying to say a child so named will be regarded with the divine purpose of destroying the world's ecosystem, because he/she feels out of place in society. Probably not the latter.

It might be something like that. Perhaps a good counter would be that if medical care were presented and free for all, then it would be easy to put children in mental hospitals. Given such a possibility, however, it could be seen by the child as society imprisoning it (perhaps worse than the neglect incurred from not giving children medical care).

Edited by Genecks