The Universe evolved by gradual improvements from past universes

Martin

how exactly does that work? Explain it to me as if i know nothing about the subject (which is basically true). Where does the matter for the new universe come from? Do the universes keep getting smaller and smaller (since theres obviously less matter in a black hole than in the entire universe). Or are you saying blackholes open some other dimension of the existing matter in the universe, or what are you saying?

that was a tough question

took better part of august for me to convince myself guth's inflation answer might be satisfactory

I had it explained to me over 10 years ago and didnt believe it

but now i do, more.

• 1 month later...

as of today we are at around 96,000 posts on SFN

in feedback forum there is a discussion of how to celebrate

turning 100K

I think it would be nice to have some new bubbles on that day, besides what we already have (cartman, zoidberg, bender, jesus,...)

and to be able to use bubbles anywhere (not just here in "general discussion" as seems to be the rule)

after that day of celebration one could go back to the usual set of bubbles and the usual restricted use, I suppose.

Mardigras all the time would get boring so it is only reasonable to have Lent again

• 1 year later...