Year 12 Bio EEI Suggestions?

Thailar

Hey guys,

I've just received my first bio assignment of year 12. It's an EEI and the task is to write a formal scientific report based on experimental studies conducted by you on a topic of your choice. Taking into account that the chosen topic is limited to one that can be analysed and re analysed within the time boundary and within the budget constraints. There are also strict guidelines regarding the use of vertebrate animals for research and the conditions under which tests can be conducted on invertebrates and bacteria.

I've thought of some possibilities, but im not really sure which would be the best. Here are some of my ideas:

• The effect of auxins + gibberellic acid on growth and development of tomatoes.
  • Effect of food smells on insect attraction
  • Micro and macro nutrients effect on plants
  • Respiration rates in plants subjected to various conditions
  • Overcoming seed dormancy in plants (eg, seeds that require bush fires to open...)

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated heaps :)

Tyler

Hey guys,

I've just received my first bio assignment of year 12. It's an EEI and the task is to write a formal scientific report based on experimental studies conducted by you on a topic of your choice. Taking into account that the chosen topic is limited to one that can be analysed and re analysed within the time boundary and within the budget constraints. There are also strict guidelines regarding the use of vertebrate animals for research and the conditions under which tests can be conducted on invertebrates and bacteria.

I've thought of some possibilities, but im not really sure which would be the best. Here are some of my ideas:

• The effect of auxins + gibberellic acid on growth and development of tomatoes.
  • Effect of food smells on insect attraction
  • Micro and macro nutrients effect on plants
  • Respiration rates in plants subjected to various conditions
  • Overcoming seed dormancy in plants (eg, seeds that require bush fires to open...)

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated heaps :)

Tyler

the first one is the easiest to perform and replicate, so i would definitely choose that one.

Hey Thailar,

Your review needs to be relatively interesting, current and also full of tables and diagrams, which will help you to summarise long tracts of information. As you realise, it has to be written in the manner of a scientific paper but also show breadth and depth - almost like a scientific review.

I would suggest the effects of micro and macronutrients on plants because of the sheer volume of information on this subject available. You would struggle to find easily accessible review articles on gibberellins and auxins.

Whatever you decide to choose.

Good luck

Hey, im in the same boat as him, i have just received a similar assignment as him and was wondering if you had any ideas for topics, i did an EEI last year on the macro and micro nutrient effects on plant growth and don't really want to redo the assignment.

Any suggestions?

Jackson.