Obdormition

Proteus

Everyone's had sleeping limbs, but is it normal if you're completely unable to move or feel a sleeping arm for a full minute? When I got up this morning, for a while it felt as if my forearm felt like it was a plastic attachment to the rest of my body. I shook it, trying to revive it, but for a while it dangled limply from my elbow. It was quite a frightening feeling. Later that day, my fingertips went completely numb due to cold — again, it's normally quite normal, but this time the numbness was complete.

What could this signify?

I'd been sleeping on my arm, but I'd assume it's still not normal even in that case.

If you sleep with all of your body weight on top of any part of it, specially limbs, it is normal that the circulation of blood is altered, so they can get "sleepy". Anyhow, if this condition persists, you shouldn`t discard a probable coronary disease, so I suggest you to visit your local physician and get yourself an examination, to discard it. At the least damage, only your pocket will suffer (:P), and if not, well, if you find out you do have a health problem, you can make the changes in your lifestyle in order to prevent a more serious condition.

:)

Alright, if someone else has had it now and then that's enough to assure me, I just wanted to be certain, no harm in that.

I've never had a fully sleeping limb before, only partly. And I actually thought it's due to decreased blood flow, so I thought it might be something with my blood pressure. It's apparently to do with the nerves, though, not with blood vessels. In this case, pressure on the nerves.