The Enterprise... Now?

Cap'n Refsmmat

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how fast do maglev trains go? they have air resistance, so this would go faster and probably would use more powerful magnets. I was thinking about this method of launch for shuttles off of the cruiser, but those would need fuel too.

the cruiser would need surplus food in case of a failure in growing it.

i was thinking of modified MREs. they wouldn't have heater packs, because they rely on gravity. i was thinking there would be a few microwave ovens with a metal rod that would be insterted into the MRE. it would draw microwaves into the food and, if needed, it could stir it.

I don't know about that. Think about it. In gravity it will pour down and puddle at the bottom. In 0g it will float around the bag freely, and you can shake it to get it to spread. Dehydrated food is filled on the space shuttle and when water is added, it gets spread evenly all over the food. The water doesn't just stay at where you squirt it.

I think they would work quite well.