Physics GRE

mooeypoo

Not sure where else to post it, seeing as the Physics GRE includes a variety of physics subjects, so here goes.

I will soon start my senior year, and so I need to start thinking of the GREs. I am probably going to start studying for my Physics GRE soon, if not to take them before the stress of the senior year then at least to give myself enough time to practice.

I downloaded the existing exams (there are about 4 online) and I will practice them, but I can't find a good source to get a bit more preparation as to what the exam is like, what to expect, maybe some methods of trying to deal with the time limits, etc.

Does anyone has any good advice or resource to offer? I know that in the general GRE there are lots of books that offer some general preparation for how to deal with multiple-choice questions in a short time and discuss strategies but I couldn't find *anything* about strategies regarding the Physics GRE test, only the general one.

Are the strategies the same? Can anyone think of advice they wish they had before taking the test?

Much obliged,

~moo

The advice I received from the head of my honors program is that everyone takes preparation courses for the MCAT, but he's never heard of anyone bothering to do so for the GRE.

I got the same answer with a statement that the Physics GREs are not the same as the regular GREs and that they're harder than MCATs and regular GREs, so in terms of knowing what to expect, I'm not absolutely sure I can trust the tips I find for GREs.