Kent Hovind's dissertation...

/me hands ydoaPs a copy of "The Hungry Caterpillar".

That book may be overkill in countering this dissertation, but it's the only suitable biology book I had on hand.

I liked that book as a kid :)

On another note, I find the description from the "University's" site exceedingly pitiful- "Patriot course books are carefully selected from Biblically conservative, professional authors who have written on a focused subject. Courses present and expound on the absolute truth of the Bible - not humanistic reasoning."

-> http://www.patriotuniversity.org/

Since creationism and ID has no scientific basis, I think it should be moved out of EM&E. Since it will violate the posting rules for pretty much any subforum due to its misinformation and lack of rigor, I have no idea where it should be moved to.

Somewhere with a built-in air freshening device, preferably.

i suggest the "Trash Can"

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
proof or stfu

I'm gonna use a creationist arguement as proof. "It says so in the BIBLE".

• 2 months later...
...is available online.

Enjoy.

I bet this will be hilarious. KENT HOVIND IS A THEOLOGIAN NOT A SCIENTIST! Just so everybody knows why I'll be laughing. Dr. Dino lives.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Since creationism and ID has no scientific basis, I think it should be moved out of EM&E. Since it will violate the posting rules for pretty much any subforum due to its misinformation and lack of rigor, I have no idea where it should be moved to.

Somewhere with a built-in air freshening device, preferably.

This is nonsense.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Did you even READ it? It's groundbreaking stuff that you're trying to censor! You can't handle well-reasoned dissent to your dogmatic religious belief of evolution!

Go online and look up Kent Hovind's scientific credentials. Where are they? Why are you still critiquing someone who has no credentials? This is an obvious strawman.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

In 1971 he graduated from East Peoria Community High School in East Peoria, Illinois. From 1972 until 1974 Hovind attended the non-accredited Midwestern Baptist College and received a Bachelor of Religious Education (B.R.E.).[3]

Front view of the Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado taken on November 22, 2006.In 1988 and 1991 respectively, Hovind was awarded a master's degree and doctorate in Christian Education through correspondence from the non-accredited Patriot University in Colorado Springs, Colorado (now Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado which no longer offers this program).[7] Having a website called "Dr. Dino" has provoked some academics to closely look at how Hovind presents his education and credentials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

Where does this say Scientist?

If he's not a scientist, why does he pretend to know so much about evolution and why it's wrong? He develops entire hypotheses about the flood, evolution, geology and so on, trying to explain how it could work with Young Earth Creationism.

He does this while having no credentials and no credibility.

If he's not a scientist, why does he pretend to know so much about evolution and why it's wrong? He develops entire hypotheses about the flood, evolution, geology and so on, trying to explain how it could work with Young Earth Creationism.

He does this while having no credentials and no credibility.

Thats correct. I flat out reject a lot of his material. He goes by the name Dr. Dino for crying out loud, and look at all of the legal trouble he's gotten himself into. There are better Scientists out there who are more studied and go into more depth than Kent Hovind.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
he wants to say he's a scientist that means he must be judged on sciences terms.

I question his integrity about a lot of things myself.

Should we take this guy seriously as a Scientist based on your standard? http://www.alexchiu.com/cell/frame.htm

Edited by Fake Dr. Sullivan
Consecutive posts merged.

Dr Sullivan... this thread is almost entirely facetious. Nobody here will take Hovind seriously as any kind of scientific academic.

I see all too often that they liken Hovind's arguments to the extent of what Creation Science is supposed to look like and has to offer. Its not the problem that its facetious, but rather the reason why its conceived as facetious. I consider that many threads regarding Hovind are designed to build strawman argumentations against Creation Scientists, when there are a significant amount of Scientists who are Creation Scientists with better credentials, and better explanations. Its simply misleading how Evolution advocates utilize Hovind's name. And this has already been exemplified by one poster already.

There's no need to build any false arguments about any other subject here, all one needs to do is read Kent Hovind's dissertation.

Hovind insists to be called a "Dr", and when people ignore that ridiculous request (read his "dissertation") he gets very upset, claiming he's got credentials.

Hovind dug his own little pothole here.

~moo

There's no need to build any false arguments about any other subject here, all one needs to do is read Kent Hovind's dissertation.

Hovind insists to be called a "Dr", and when people ignore that ridiculous request (read his "dissertation") he gets very upset, claiming he's got credentials.

Hovind dug his own little pothole here.

~moo

For the first time on this forum, I think we can all agree on this.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
...is available online.

Enjoy.

I truely haven't read this, I wish I could access it.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
i wonder if they have a football team? Looks like a nice campus though <laughs>, this is a picture from 2006.

patriotuniversity2.jpg

you have to give them credit though, if jesus had build a university during his time, minus the power-lines, this is probably what it would have looked like.

rofl

Really? You MUST get hold of it.

I mean, the opening line is "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind." :D

Wow you weren't kidding about the 2nd grade writing level.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I wrote papers better than this in my undergraduate days.

this is really unfortunate. The structure of the paper, the overtone is very redundant, and there are tons of grammatical errors. This is a doctoral dissertation?

No.

At the very least, where are some resources? where's the statement of purpose and the methodological proof of said statement? where are the supporting *varying* documents (the bible doesn't count, and multiple versions of it are not 'varying' sources).

It's not a doctoral dissertation, which explains why Hovind was reluctant to share it. This, btw, is another red flag; as I'm sure you know, Dr. Sullivan, doctoral dissertations *are* published for all to see, if not in a publication, then at the very least in the university library, and are *available* for anyone that asks.

Kent Hovind's dissertation was held secret, no one was able to take it out of the library of the institute or look at it. That's not any form of doctoral dissertation.

No.

At the very least, where are some resources? where's the statement of purpose and the methodological proof of said statement? where are the supporting *varying* documents (the bible doesn't count, and multiple versions of it are not 'varying' sources).

It's not a doctoral dissertation, which explains why Hovind was reluctant to share it. This, btw, is another red flag; as I'm sure you know, Dr. Sullivan, doctoral dissertations *are* published for all to see, if not in a publication, then at the very least in the university library, and are *available* for anyone that asks.

Kent Hovind's dissertation was held secret, no one was able to take it out of the library of the institute or look at it. That's not any form of doctoral dissertation.

Sorry to say, I'd have to say that our "Dr." Hovind is a bigger joke than realized before.