Aerosol Medication

Guest DeeGeez

Guest DeeGeez

Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a little research on aersol & sub-lingual medication.

I'm particularly interested in the medication people have to carry around with them in case of an attack (allergy, asthma, angina....) I was wondering what kind of allergy can be treated with an aerosol or sub-lingual medication & what are the name of their respective medicine. What other kind of applications aerosol & sub-lingual medicine have even if they are marginal? If you have any information on the subject or if you could point me out to good online database it would be very appreciated.

Thank you

I once used sub-lingual nicotine therapy tablets. Afaik these are still in production, even though they are a bit like sucking brimstone.

Basically anything that needs to get through to the bloodstream quickly could be applied by diffusion through the sub-lingual dermis. The added advantage is that by altering the composition of the tablet, you can change the rate at which the absorbtion occurs.

Aerosol delivery is effective because it introduces the drug to a massive diffusion area (the surface of the alveoli) through which it can be rapidly absorbed, so it has a range of applications - again, the focus is on rapid delivery to the blood stream.

Guest DeeGeez

Do you know why they produce them (Afaik) in tablets instead of aerosol or liquid?

I'm more interested in liquid & aerosol medication because we are working on a project that is not suitable for pill form medication.

Thanks for your quick response Sayonara

Also, tablets tend to be better for giving precise measures.

With aerosols, factors such as length of time holding breath and the strength of the drawing in of air can affect the level of absorbtion into the body.

for asthma (inhalers) i take one called Beclazone 100 (Beclomethasone Dipropionate BP), that is the preventer that i take in the morning and night. then there is one called Ventolin (Salbutamol Sulphate BP), that is the reliver to take if i have a attack. then theres the steroid tablets but i hate those so ill leave it there. if you want to know the propelents used just ask.