Gravity a wave?

infinitesolid2

An orbit is when the centrifugal force of an object is equal to the gravitational force on the object. But, centrifugal force is a pseudoforce. What is really happening is that gravity accelerates an object by changing the direction of its velocity. This does not imply a change in speed.

Basically, the way to orbit is to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Here, infinitesolid, you can learn some Newtonian mechanics online from one of the more entertaining professors I've seen:

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Physics/8-01Physics-IFall1999/VideoLectures/index.htm

Some of the math may throw you off, but it's the concepts that matter most at first.

On the left-hand side you'll also see lecture notes, assignments and exams available for download.

I have to repeat my idea of lifting crude oil rather than current methods.

Not sure if people believe it is possible to extract more crude oil than whats currently available using existing pumping methods.

I beleive currently there in greenland extracting crude oil, were running low.

Lifting rather than using a pump uses a lot less energy to extract the crude oil, can go down a large distance compared to the current 1500 meters.

lifting can go down 300+ miles. our atmosphere is only 2 miles, we now have more nitro/gas/oil/petrol/diesel/agricultral food/plastics than ever.

How many people does it take to hold back a car? about 75-100?

A tank of petrol would last that car about 3 hours? a tank is about 30 litres.

How many litres or crude oil can 75-100 people pull on a trolly? about 10,000 litres or 100 litres per person.

Thats 10,000 litres of crude oil for a tanks worth of petrol.

1 person could lift 100 litres on a pully. Not worth taking gravity in to account.

So 1 tank of petrol can lift 10,000 litres of crude oil for 3 hours. A Car an do 300+ miles in 3 hours, so can lifting petrol.

NO WAY A PUMP CAN DO THAT!

Or something near that, its a guesstamate.

Hope you understand that lifting oil is great news. We now have so much of it.

Edited by infinitesolid2

Fact!! :)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

How many people does it take to hold back a car? about 75-100?

A tank of petrol would last that car about 3 hours? a tank is about 30 litres.

How many litres or crude oil can 75-100 people pull on a trolly? about 10,000 litres or 100 litres per person.

Thats 10,000 litres of crude oil for a tanks worth of petrol.

1 person could lift 100 litres on a pully. Not worth taking gravity in to account.

So 1 tank of petrol can lift 10,000 litres of crude oil for 3 hours. A Car an do 300+ miles in 3 hours, so can lifting petrol.

NO WAY A PUMP CAN DO THAT!

This is the challange of the decade!

Just hope someone says YO!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
i'm being stupid? i'm only asking that you prove your claims.

Alien please understand this is the 3rd time ive done this, im tired!!!

please tell me where my text is wrong!!!