Strings of another Brane in M-Theory

rrw4rusty

Hi,

(Instructions: proceed to the first incorrect statement which probably invalidates the rest of the post and just deal with that)

String along with me and tell me if I have this right... or, what to change:

Lets look at open end strings whose ends are anchored to 'our' brane (unless its a closed zero-mass string {graviton} passing though). First, all 'we' can interact with are the strings on our brane, yes? Second, to visualize a brane we normally have wavy sheets waving next to each other... each brane having their own open end strings anchored to them and gravitons floating from one brane to another... however, this is just to visualize the arrangement. In reality 'our' (read: our brane's) strings are all over the place... in my hand... in my monitor... and so on. So the brane they are attached to is 'all over the place' as well... in reality... yes?

Right so far?

Moreover, there are other strings mixed in with 'our' strings that belong to other branes (other universes) that we just can't interact with, yes? These other universes (branes) are right here with us... just a brane away so to speak. And, there is what? An infinite number of other branes... right here with us (in and among 'our' strings)?

Right so far?

This begs the question from an 'armchair' string fan, when we see those wavy sheets representing branes, and we see them wave on over and touch the next wavy-sheet-brane (which I assume could really be 'any' brane) what is actually happening? I'd assume that a string on another brane drifts through the immense space between strings (is that right? or... we don't know) and hits a string on another brane but we're told that the 'membranes' (branes) themselves collide. If these (mem)branes that can get as big as universes have strings 'all over the place' that are attached to them then branes are also 'all over the place' and already cross each other all over the place... or... are these membranes only evident where strings attach to them... or... what?

Or, am I trying to mix the mathematical world with the physical world (but, isn't that the point?)?

I hope that all that is clear (yeah right lol).

From the armchair,

Rusty

Edited by rrw4rusty

It's my understanding that when branes touch you get a big bang effect. In Multidimensional space all branes are finite even though they look infinite from the perspective of the brane. There is no need for branes to be all inside and out of each other unless they are gravitationally bound. Actually the idea of inside and outside loose meaning when you are talking about multidimensional spaces. I do have a mind exercise I use to visualize multidimensional space. It's totally just my idea and has no bearing on any provable reality but you can read it here.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44707

It's my understanding that when branes touch you get a big bang effect. In Multidimensional space all branes are finite even though they look infinite from the perspective of the brane. There is no need for branes to be all inside and out of each other unless they are gravitationally bound. Actually the idea of inside and outside loose meaning when you are talking about multidimensional spaces. I do have a mind exercise I use to visualize multidimensional space. It's totally just my idea and has no bearing on any provable reality but you can read it here.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44707

Okay... I thought that branes 'were' the universes -- this is not true? Universes are create when branes clash... so how do branes relate to universes? Are branes dimentions of the same universe and when they clash a new universe is created which... shares these branes... or replaces the existing universe?

First you have to understand that brane theory is not backed up by evidence. Very little if any evidence really points to strings and branes.

But the idea is that when two branes collide all the matter in the two branes is turned back into energy that from the stand point of the brane would be a brane wide big bang. The release of so much energy drives the two branes apart again until their mutual gravitational attraction brings them back together. The visual often used is two sheets hanging on a clothes line. No universe is created or combined, just the new matter in each brane as it condenses again as the brane expands just like the big bang theory proposes. From our stand point our brane is infinite and ever expanding, from the stand point of the multidimensional hyper-verse the two branes are not infinite and maintain the same perspective to each other as finite sheets. Inside the multidimensional universe there are theorized to be other branes of various kinds and types not related to or likely to interact with ours.

The idea of colliding branes replaces the idea of a big bang universe that expands and contracts every few hundred billions of years with a static universe that just "explodes" everywhere when the two branes collide. The the expansion is an illusion that is only seen from inside the branes.

If this is true the idea of heat death of the universe becomes a non issue, the brane collision might take place in the next instant or next year or 1,000,000,000,000 years from now.

For a more accurate view of this theory i suggest you google it, I am sure my rendition is flawed in many ways.

I believe that the only solid evidence for the existence for any types of such membranes is in our very faces every day: Human Beings. The provide ample proof of the existence of 'p-branes'! By the way, didn't anybody 'get it' when that moniker first appeared?

I believe that the only solid evidence for the existence for any types of such membranes is in our very faces every day: Human Beings. The provide ample proof of the existence of 'p-branes'! By the way, didn't anybody 'get it' when that moniker first appeared?

:rolleyes::D

It's so embarrassing when I don't get posts like this that sometimes I pretend that I do!