Theories on Death

Guest Kairu

Guest Kairu

Please read this theory and please give me feedback. Please read all of this theory.

My Theories on Death

facing most likely facts there is no heaven, when you just die, end up a nothingness. But how can you be nothingness? Your consciousess has to go somewhere. When you go to sleep you lose time and wake up. What happened to your conciousness then? It doesnt matter because you regained it. But what is it like when you dont regain it? You cant be aware of what happens, How is it possible to not exist? The single fact that could prove my theory false is whether the human consciousness, or memories exist in the brain itself or in the brainwave impulses. If it existed in the brain itself than if someone were to die and there brain shut down, if brought back they would be the same. Same memories ect, but if your memories and consiousness are existant in the brainwaves than once your brain shutsdown the brainwaves escape, change, or whatever, if the person were revived he would be anew. My theory is based on the idea that consciousness is based through the brain waves that when you die can escape from your mind and spread evenly through out existence, making you almost like a ghost or supreme being that can see(not literally since, you dont have eyes) and know everything that happens, almost like a living dream. This also leads to my theorie that in some way or form dead persons in they're "Supreme being" state can somehow interact with the living world through phenominon's like crops circles as an example perhaps could be created by the energy of a person who interacted with the living world while dead.

when you die your body is maggot meat, there for the re-cycling of nutrients for plant life.

your essence (not consciousness) will awaken from here like you wake up from a dream at night and realise it`s Morning time, you`ll also recognise this place, the same way you recognise your own bedroom when you wake up.

from there, you`ll know what to do :)

THAT is my Theory/Beleif about "death" :)

Though this seems pretty dry, when you die the biochemical reactions in your brain which ran electricity around it and made you "think" will shut down, and you become braindead. After that the nerves are dead, so your body loses all motor control, your heart stops, you stop breathing, repairing processes which stop decomposition are no longer there, and your body begins to decompose. But your "conciousness" as such doesn't have to go anywhere, because the electrons are still there in your brain, they just stopped moving. There's no special soul or field which dissapates into the universe or continues on as far as we know, and if there isn't then your life and mind ends here.

This seems like a nsaty way to go if there's no place to end up afterward, but really... think about it: you're not there to think afterward, so what is there to fear if you won't feel anything? You won't just be in darkness alone for eternity, you won't think at all. Better than an eternity in an unchanging heaven if you ask me; it's the ultimate peace because you don't have to wait around for anything. There's nothing to fear, because you won't suffer anything, as you're not there to suffer. If you fear dying unremembered or uncared for, don't worry, because you won't care after you don't exist.

I am of course assuming that there isn't some form of higher force or purpose, or a soul, which hasn't been proven but can't be disproven, but that's what makes sense to me. I'm trying to base that off of current science but it really all revolves around my personal beliefs. If I'm wrong then I'll just have to suffer eternity in hell or something... hmmm.

There have been quite strange constructions observed in the brain that some have theorized are a 'receptical' for consciousness. I don't think we're ever likely to know what happens after death to be perfectly honest.

Your body becomes a source of energy for other organisms when you die. Your consciousness ceases to exist because the organ that produces consciousness is no longer functioning. Reincarnation does happen, but since there is no soul, it's based on the effects of your actions. I'm not going to get into it from there because it's just important to know that your consciousness is finite.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Demosthenes on this one!

I think mankind needs to create things in order to feel comforted and a sense of well being. Religion is one of these man made creations. The idea of a Supreme Being or God looking out for everyone on the planet and having some sort of overall control, is kind of comforting. The idea of a heavenly place or somewhere after death is much the same thing.

People like to imagine a Heaven as a place where you end up when you die. Yes we decompose and insects and stuff eat our flesh, but quite frankly, why shouldn't our soul or inner self or chi or whatever you want to call it go somewhere else? Just because we can't find evidence for it or proof or come up with a plausible explanation, doesn't mean it can’t happen. 500 hundred years ago, man had no idea what created lightning, or the tides, or what was over the horizon. But lightning is just static, the tides always come back and forth because of the Moon, and what’s over the horizon? Not the edge of the Earth, but more Earth, you just keep going round and round!

Man hasn't answered everything yet, and never will. My own personal view on Death is that life is a test to see what you like and dislike, and so you can learn stuff. Then in 'death', you get to live out everything you ever wanted to do, all your 'one day I'll do that's will be done and you get to be with your loved ones again and it's all far better than here. But that could just be because this planet is a scary, dangerous place and I want to cling to something that makes it all worth while, other then the love of my wonderful wife!

Aardvark, yes I agree that I said that religion is possibly just a man made thing to give human’s some form of comfort, and I believe that your soul goes to a better place when you die. But I wasn't contradicting myself.

Firstly, I was trying to prove my point, that thinking that we all end up in a better place is far more comforting than just no longer existing or coming back and living again.

Secondly, I don't regard myself as being particularly religious, and the 'better place' doesn’t have to be of Devine origin to exist. I'm more willing to accept that it is on a higher energy plane or something like that.

I do believe in a higher being, but again that is just a comfort thing! I don't want to get into a debate about religion, not in this thread anyway, but I was attempting to prove my point about the need for someone/thing to have overall control over everything.