Schrodingers idea, alive in another dimension?

zombie

I was wondering if there is any evidence that any part of ourselves exists in another dimension even after death when our bodies have decayed.

I understand that our sentience is likely just mechanical in essence, and I dont expect to have any ability to see, feel, hear, or even think as we do while alive, as our brain is who we are and it functions like a machine, yet it is organic.

I would like to know if there is any evidence that we aren't just walking organic machines, or if consciousness could exist in another dimension, but without our attached brain machines, we would be unable to think, feel, hear, etc

I have clung to the idea that maybe, after the 100 years or so that a sentient human lives, a piece of that persons consciousness, while severely crippled without the brain machine, remains in another dimension.

It really does suck to think that we'll live 100 years, sentient for maybe 90 of those years, and after, we will be non-existent for eternity, I am quite sure that the lack of existence is going to suck really really badly.

I am quite sure that the lack of existence is going to suck really really badly.

I think you should ponder this sentence. Lack of existence, by definition, can't suck.

It seems you're asking for evidence for an afterlife. I would say there is none, but that of course depends on who you ask. There is no scientific evidence of such.

Also, "another dimension" is not the same thing as "another place." Dimensions are things like height, width, depth.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear.

In which field of science would you look for evidence?

I doubt physics would help, but over the years I've read reports that easily match what is acceptable in a medical "Case Study".

Note the shortened paper found here. Is there a fault with his methodology?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_immortality

^ A thought experiment by Hans Maravec back in the eighties. Cuz no one's willing to try it. Pansies.

Interesting idea. It's interesting though that no valuable information could ever be gained from trying it - as chances are the compelling findings would not be made in our universe.

We could have a large group of people try it out, to get some survivors into all the various alternate universes including ours - but the net effect would still be a large number of people dying and the exact expected sampling (of a coin toss and not quantum factor) surviving and (from their perspective) saying "WHOAH, I don't know what universe I'm in now but hey - quantium immortality is real!" :D

but the net effect would still be a large number of people dying and the exact expected sampling (of a coin toss and not quantum factor) surviving and (from their perspective) saying "WHOAH, I don't know what universe I'm in now but hey - quantium immortality is real!" :D
until the thing went off in that universe and popped um immediately after the realization :P