Derren Browns latest TV thing

alan2here

Derren Brown appeared on English TV today on Freeview channel 4 (and I think it's the same on Virgin and Sky).

The program covered much but the item of most awe to me was when he supposedly showed an audiance and the viewers a video that made half of them stick to there chair so they couldn't get up for a while. He said he thought due to not ideal viewing conditions at home the number would be much less.

He revealed methods he used and ones he didn't although this didn't reveal much.

Before the video and once eairler in the show when he was descussing the idea were flashes, verry quick such that I couldn't really tell what they were but apeared to be inkings of somone tied up in a chair.

You must be sitting in a cirtain position although it was the sort of position most people would have been sitting in anyway. There was also instructions about letting yourself relax and go with it if you felt it coming instead of resisting.

The video itself which apparently fails at lower resolution featured some synthesized seeming sound and blury thin dark grey lines on a light or white background about 10 to the screen equally spaced where the view rotated.

There was also the sugestion that this could be made more effective and was only made responsibly effective.

What do we think?

Edit: According to many Comments and much Twitter online it didn't work on many people at home.

Edited by alan2here

i recorded it from 4HD

and just watched it there. it sort of worked (as in getting up was more of an effort than usual) and i'm pretty sure if i wasn't distracted by my wee brother giggling all the way through it, it would have worked.

i seen the flashed too but didn't make out what they were. i'll have a look on tuesday.