Screen Resolution

at the moment screen's work at 800 X 600 or 1024 X 768 at whatever Hz

my question is:

is there a limit to how high this will go, or will they keep getting sharper and sharper?

and also

what resolutio do we see at? basically, at what resolution will the screen be better than our eyes?

at the moment screen's work at 800 X 600 or 1024 X 768 at whatever Hz

my question is:

is there a limit to how high this will go' date=' or will they keep getting sharper and sharper?

and also

what resolutio do we see at? basically, at what resolution will the screen be better than our eyes?[/quote']

Yes, it is depends on both your monitor and your display card.

Having a high resolution with a small monitor is not very useful...

Once the resolution of your display card is higher than the displayable pixels of your monitor, the image should start to go blurrrrr ( for both LCD and CRT)...

There is a max. resolution for our eyes but I don't think you can pixelize natural objects. You'd better ask others...

for both LCD and CRT)...

To add on to that, LCD screen only have one resolution where they work best. Any higher or lower than that, and the image quality is not that good. You can see this in action on laptop screens, windows displays and error telling you that.

I high resolution doesn't really mean that the imasge gets sharper, is just that there are more pixels on the screen per square inch. This could increase the sharpness and it gives you a larger screen area, but in return for that, it is smaller, and more eye straining.

yeah, its better to work in its native resolution. most laptops have a res of 1024 768

if u get a TFT screen, they may have some strong blur filters to make the graphics acceptable at other than its native resolution

i think the resolution of your eyes depends on the size and spacing of your rod and cone cells

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/rodcone.html

basically, the rods pick up contrast and the cones pick up color, whether you can relate your eye's resolution to them is another matter, but your brain makes like it's all continuous anyway

Im at 1280 by 1024, at 90hz, and can go to 1600 by 1200 at 75hz, it think on my Radeon card and DELL, Trinitron monitor.Im used to the resolution but when other people come and see that dont have comps or dont have the same resolution complain that their eyes hurt and cant see the writing and such.You have to get used to the resolution to be able to see clearly...