Democrats to go it alone on healthcare?

bascule

The link asked for me to register. I was able to get to it here, though:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/health/policy/19repubs.html?_r=1&ref=health

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I think there are still too many right-leaning democrats in the Senate, and that too many are still against a public option. I think they are too dissembled within the party to get what we want done... done. While they have the votes, I don't think they have the agreement. We'll see, eh?

Edited by iNow
Consecutive posts merged.

The article had an omission. Fixed it, though :)

The officials said the White House hoped to make the case to the American people that it was Republicans who had abandoned the effort at bipartisanship. Republicans countered by saying that they simply opposed the legislation and that the public outcry
stoked by Republican falsifications -- in a pre-calculated effort -- so later on they can pretend it
had validated their view and solidified their opposition...

....so Dems just gotta improve their lying and manufacturing public outcries in advance. Coordinated with a supposed "duty" to follow the misled public's will.

You know, basic Politics 101 -- easy Rove stuff here, get with the program Dems.

So much for that spirit of bipartisan cooperation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/health/policy/19repubs.html?_r=4&hp

The Democrats seem to be sick of dealing with Republican opposition to healthcare reform, and are set to go it alone.

My opinion is: about time! What do you think?

What I think is that because of their majority bipartisanship was never required, it was not the reason GOP cooperation was sought, and its failure is not the reason why the current initiatives have stalled.

iNow has it right, though I disagree with his conclusion. When the right came to power it was with the support of centrists and moderates. The reason the right failed to maintain control is that it discarded the moderates in order to react poorly to Iraq and tackle social-conservative causes. The center bailed to the Democratic party, which is now desperately trying to repeat that error.

That's okay. Centrists and moderates are prepared to deliver the same lesson to the left. We're a pragmatic lot. :)

The Democrats seem to be sick of dealing with Republican opposition to healthcare reform, and are set to go it alone.

The Democrats and the Republicans

wisely :D

in turkey(in anatolia)

1-Democrats

2-Republicans

3-Communists

4-Social Democratic Populist Parties

5-Nationalist

6-hawkish nationalist

7-Nationalist and devout

8-liberal

...........and so on