Mass doesn't pull, the universe pushes?

GrandMasterK

talking about pushing universes reminds me of Alcubierre drive. Kaku was probably describing the curvature of space time due to the presence of mass. In that sense, space does push' objects closer to the field. The curvature of space is the gravitational redshift of light. The curvature of time is the time dilation in gravitational fields. Both are explained by suitable demonstrations by extending the principle of equivalence.

But again I am not sure why he described it that way. What I have given above is just my interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...

I've often toyed around with the push theory, but it means that every point in space needs to have the same inward pressure for it to work, then shadowing occurs of some of that energy when planets come into the mix.

Now if you mean pressure in a similar way in which gases fill a room then it makes more plausible sense.

I was affected in school when I was told that after all these years we can describe the effects of gravity, but we are still just as ignorant as to the source of it.

We have the bowling ball on a rubber sheet analogy to describe the effects of matter on the space time continuum, but it's often used as a cop out.

Personally I think it is exceptionally obvious what gravity is...

It the the equal but opposite reaction to existence... matter is animated, gravity is the result.

This means that space itself is the fuel of matter and that is a heresy.

LOL