How do I add photoshop objects into program code?

Hello everyone,

I have another question:

If I created a three-dimensional object with photoshop, how do I add that object or image into the program code?

What are you doing with it? What kind of code?

Generally people use 3D modeling programs to made 3D objects in games. While it's probably possible to use something you made in Photoshop, you'd have to write your own code to convert it to a 3D object in a game.

I highly suggest just making it in something like Blender, which is a free, open source 3D modeling program. Also, it highly depends on what you're using to make your game.

I strongly suggest you use an existing engine for your game rather than writing it from the code up. An engine handles most of the behind-the-scenes stuff like getting your objects in the game, networking, displaying the graphics, menus, and everything else that isn't actually part of your gameplay. I recommend the Torque Gaming Engine if you're just starting out. It's a good solid engine with great support and a relatively cheap price compared to other commercial engines. If you're not ready to spend any money there are some open-source engines available such as XreaL which I' can also recommend, though it's not nearly as user friendly as TGE is atm. Also, if you use Blender to make your models it may be easiest to use Blender's built-in game engine. While I have no experience with it, it appears to be in a usable state and of course it should integrate well with Blender, though you'd be using Python. If you're new to programming and game making then I would actually recommend Python over C++. Anyways, good luck :)

Generally people use 3D modeling programs to made 3D objects in games. While it's probably possible to use something you made in Photoshop, you'd have to write your own code to convert it to a 3D object in a game.

I highly suggest just making it in something like Blender, which is a free, open source 3D modeling program. Also, it highly depends on what you're using to make your game.

What about MilkShape 3D, do you recommend it?

I've heard it's easy to use and I believe it works with TGE, not sure about the others. It doesn't have a game-engine built-in like Blender, but you could certainly use it to make stuff. I've never used it before since I worked on Mac and now Linux, so I can't recommend it from experience, but I have heard it easy to use.