Computer help. Please.

I have been having this computer trouble, wich I just cant find out what it is all about. If anyone can help me with this, that would be magnanimous, thank you.

So, I go on the MIT opencourseware, I download a ZIP file, I try to extract all files and make a new one, but it still seems to stay the same. The icon has changed from the zipped up folder to a 1/4'th open folder, but other than that, its just the same. I try to click it, and what happens is I just go through the seperate documents in it, like the readme. right next to the Welcome, and the Ocweb, etc.... and when I click one of those, it just gives me a whole bunch of text and html. commands and stuff along those lines, and not the program that I tryed to download. Can anyone help me with this?

Also, I am not able to download PDF. files either. I can, and it saves on my computer, but whenever I try to open it, it just opens a blank screen for about half a second and then quickly closes out. This may be connected with the ZIP problem, I dont know. If not, it would still be rather cool if someone knew what that problem was too.

Thanks.

As far as i know the MIT opencourseware isn't software but exactly as you described, html encoded text and images. As to the PDF problem try reinstalling adobe Reader or getting Foxit Reader from a reputable download site.

Since you did not say what Operating System you use it's probably some Windows: Try right-clicking the html file, select something like "open with" and then select your web browser (Internet Explorer and Firefox being the most common). Alternatively, from your webbrowser select something like "File->Open" and then chose to open the html file.

Oh, sorry, I have Windows Xp. I tried both, it is still not working. I go to it, right click, press open with internet explorer, and it still just goes back to the file page that says what it is {intro to robotics, etc...} with a file icon, but when I click it, it goes to its contents and looks like a whole bunch of words with icons above them. if I click on one of those, theres even more words and icons. thanks for the help so far.