About Windows Registry.......

albertlee

A database is much bigger and more complex than is needed. The db needs to store extra data that defines what it actually is. An ini file is simply a text file that holds info. that can be parsed by an application.

For example:

I have a lovely application that has "Welcome to Mossoi's Application" written across the top of it.

Now this is fine for me but I want to make more money out of the app. by allowing other people to buy it off me, change the heading, and sell it on as their own.

I have two options here. One, I can let them edit the source code of the application, find the heading and change it, or I can keep the heading in a seperate ini file and make the application get the heading from that file. The second method is far better as it means that they don't have to root through my code to find what they need. I can keep it all nice and seperate and protected from them and they don't need to be able to recognise the language I have used. They just need to be able to spot this:

[MAIN HEADING]

heading = "Welcome To Mossoi's Application"

in a standard, easy to read text file.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

i know this thread is a bit old, but i add to it anyway:

rundll32 - rundll32.exe - Process Information

Process File: rundll32 or rundll32.exe

Process Name: Rundll32

Description: Microsoft "Run a DLL as an App". RUNDLL32 is the Microsoft Windows program that loads DLLs into memory so that they can be used by specific programs or by Windows.

Company: Microsoft Corp.

System Process: Yes

Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No

Common Errors: N/A

IMPORTANT: RUNDLL AND RUNDLL16 ARE SPYWARE ONLY RUNDLL32 AND RUNDLL32.EXE ARE MICROSOFT PROGRAMS

rundll32.exe just activates itself when you tell start>run to run a *.dll program, it runs it as a *.exe file.

to access registries in XP: start>run>regedit

advantages of this; program fixing [if its not working] illegal purposes and probably others which im not sure of!

WinTasks DLL Library: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/dlllibrary/

WinTasks Process Library: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/

[that website is blody amazing, USE IT! no i didnt make it and dont know the people who did, im not advertising it]

Can Windows Scripting be powerful to control windows? YES