Hezbollah may soon control Lebanese parliament

bascule

It would appear that Hezbollah may soon be in control of the Lebanese parliament.

Yes, Hezbollah, bad people, I'll agree with Faux News on that one. I'll refrain from using the word "terrorist" to describe them, first because I think that word is bandied about far too much, and second because the phrase is intended to describe organizations who aren't directly involved with the government, whereas it would appear Hezbollah will effectively be the Lebanese government soon (I mean, they were before, but now they'll have total control) Calling Hezbollah a terrorist organization makes about as much sense to me as calling the Republican Party a terrorist organization.

As the CNN article I linked also states, I don't think this bodes well for Obama's plans for mid-east peace.

However, I don't know what can be done. It's their country... if they hold democratic elections which put a bunch of thugs into power, it would seem rather against the spirit of democracy to try to interfere.

Fine - Just let it happen. They will declare war on Isreal and Isreal will slaughter them. Sad but true.

What's also sad is that THEY will start it, Israel will finish it - and everyone will whine about Israels heavy handedness.. we've seen it all before.