UK bans Michael Savage

bascule

Okay. Here are two pages describing UN Resolution 1761, passed in 1962, neither of which appears to confirm your statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_General_Assembly_Resolution_1761

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/United_Nations_General_Assembly_Resolution_1761

It's just the Wikipedia and Wikisource, but the second link contains the actual text of the resolution. And again, you're the one who made the statement, so you are expected to provide a source.

Personally I think you're probably correct, but I'm making a point here as a moderator. It's not laziness, elas, it's how we roll here, beach bums though we may be. (I know I am!) :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google search entry - UN Anti-Apartheid resolutions - result -Resolution 1761

Some people are as lazy as a beach bum!

The resolution you cite doesn't support your claims, which I think are entirely fictional.

And it is *your* job to support any claim you make.

Now support it or retract it.

I wanted to get back to this point:

The US is soft on immigrants from South America for political reasons, this does not extend to other countries to anything like the same degree. Do you know an illegal immigrant from eastern Europe or Africa who will freely admit to his or her status? They live in fear of discovery and deportment, it is a completely different mental atitude to that of Latinos.

I don't believe that to be the case. Can you show any evidence that it is?

We're all familiar with the problems of the Mexican border, but bear in mind that that's not "tolerance" -- when they're caught they are returned to Mexico.

The same is true here in South Florida, and one of the most tragic human dramas I've ever seen takes place on a weekly basis right here on our beautiful beaches. Boats full of people wash ashore regularly, and if they manage to make it past the Coast Guard and onto the beach they can sometimes get away from authorities and disappear into the population. But more often than not they are caught and returned to their native country, so they spent days adrift at sea for nothing. That's assuming they don't die in the process, which is an all-too-common fate.

Where this differs is in the case of Cubans. If they're caught at sea they're returned to Cuba (yes, US Coast Guard ships dock in Cuba on a regular basis to return these people). But if they make it ashore they're allowed to stay, thanks to Clinton's "wet foot dry foot" policy. This strange policy has lead to all sorts of unintended consequences, including a constant outcry from the Haitian community demanding the same exception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_foot_dry_foot

But aside from that exception, and in answer to your question, I'm aware of no general policy of tolerance for illegals from specific countries or parts of the world. Do you have any evidence that this is the case?