calculating Ksp of Calcium hydroxide

sjlopez

does anyone know how to calcultate the ksp of calcium hydroxide ksp=[Ca][OH]^2? I did a lab experiment and it says to calculate the concentration of OH use the formula Ma x Va = Mb x Vb and to get the conc. of Ca using the reaction Ca(OH)2 ----Ca + 2OH. i also have that the average conc of HCl was .1005 and the concentration of standard NaOH was .0993M and the aliquot of the standard NaOH used is 25 mL and the solution titration aliquot size is 25 mL. I am really confused on how to calculate the ksp with this info... can anyone help?

What's a Ksp?

I'm afraid I've never heard of this, but possibly you use a different abbreviation than me.

It always helps to ask a clear question. We are maybe experts here, but if you explain to us all that you know, then we can better explain you what we know.

What's a Ksp?

I'm afraid I've never heard of this, but possibly you use a different abbreviation than me.

It always helps to ask a clear question. We are maybe experts here, but if you explain to us all that you know, then we can better explain you what we know.

It's the solubility product equilibrium constant. It sounds to me like sjlopez is in analytical chemistry or at least a course that touches on some analytical concepts.

Can you please explain the experiment better. The calculations are probably trivial, but I'm not sure what you did with NaOH or the HCl.